Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 4, 2005, 11:24 AM   #21

My camera is doing the same exact thing. It is only 2 yrs old and has been very well taken care of. I just sent it in to fuji repair to see what can be done. They told me over the phone that the estimated cost to repair this camera is 70-150$ Hopefully its alot less.
brendevjayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 3:51 PM   #22

My Fuji 700 went berserk at 18 months (I got it in January 2004.) It shows purple, pink and green streaks in the LCD. You never know what you might get in the real photo. Camtronics in Columbus (the authorized repair shop) says it will need a new circuit board at $200. I'm thinking of buying an Olympus which will use the 512 mb card (xd). What do you think? Dee:sad:
deebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2005, 8:53 AM   #23

I sent mine into fuji and haven't heard back from them yet its been 2 weeks. I did get an email from them in reply to the one I sent and they said they recognise the problem and to send it to them. I hope to know more soon I've only had it for 2 years and its my only camera and I'm expecting TWINS in about a month and a half. I'll update when they finally get back to me.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 8:43 AM   #24

I joined this forum because of my problem with my F700. I am getting a scambled picture in my LCD. I am out of warranty so I don't think they will replace it. Has anyone been able to fix the F700. I am considering buying another refurbished F700 only because I have extra memory cards and batteries that I hate to waste.

JerseyFlyer

jerseyFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:21 AM   #25

Fuji took about 4 weeks to get a diagnosis on mine.

I hope that helps

brendevjayem wrote:
Quote:
I sent mine into fuji and haven't heard back from them yet its been 2 weeks. I did get an email from them in reply to the one I sent and they said they recognise the problem and to send it to them. I hope to know more soon I've only had it for 2 years and its my only camera and I'm expecting TWINS in about a month and a half. I'll update when they finally get back to me.
WheelieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:23 AM   #26

I've just bought an F810 because it uses the same Batteries / memory cards / case / underwater housing etc. as the F700

I have a feeling that the F810 is the replacement for the unstable F700

jerseyFlyer wrote:
Quote:
I joined this forum because of my problem with my F700. I am getting a scambled picture in my LCD. I am out of warranty so I don't think they will replace it. Has anyone been able to fix the F700. I am considering buying another refurbished F700 only because I have extra memory cards and batteries that I hate to waste.

JerseyFlyer

Old Sep 23, 2005, 10:41 AM   #27

I called them yesterday, its been 3 weeks anyway they can't find my camera or any record of it being sent in. The guy told me he is going to talk to a supervisor and call me back today. I am really getting upset about this! I'm expecting twins and who knows if I will have a camera for when they are born.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 7:57 AM   #28

That doesn't sound good. I hope they find it soon.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 1:16 PM   #29

Hi I wanted to update everyone, just to remind you I sent my camera in to fuji repair in New Jersey on September 2. I contacted them 3 weeks after I sent it in and they couldn't find it! They told me a supervisor would be contacted and would call me back the next day, they never did. A week went by and all of a sudden fed ex showed up at my house and delivered my camera to me.Fuju fixed it for me free of charge and shipped it back. I was told when I sent it in they would contact me when they knew what was wrong and let me know what was to be done. Well after a month without word I recieved my camera back repaired. They replaced the lens assembly on the camera. It seems to work perfectly now so I hope I have no more problems. My camera is 2 years old and not under warranty any longer but they still repaired it for free. I hope this helps all of you with the same problems. the lovely green and purple pictures.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 1:22 PM   #30

Contact fuji and see what happens thats what I did the most your out is the shipping to send it in, if they are going to charge you for the repair they will let you know first and you can say no and they will ship it back. Mine was repaired for free. They must know that this is a common problem with this camera and are avoiding problems. Mine was also out of warranty. It was definately worth sending it in.

jerseyFlyer wrote:
Quote:

JerseyFlyer