Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 6, 2005, 4:00 PM   #31

Just to keep everyone up to date. I wrote to Fuji head office explaining my problem and they phoned me within a week to say they would fix it free (regardless of warranty) if I sent it back and it was the dreaded CCD problem.

The camera went back a week ago. I'll post my results here.

By the looks of things Fuji are doing the right thing for everyone, but you do need to point it out to them.
WheelieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 6:54 AM   #32

I have exactly the same problem with my fuji f700. After reading this site i contacted fuji as my camera is way out of warranty, they said there is a known problem with these cameras and some were recalled for modification, mine should have been one of them. They are sending me packaging today toreturn the camera to them. Hopefully it will be sorted. I feel like i have acheived something by coming on to this site, thanks...
te104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 2:11 PM   #33

Ok, I'm done!

I received my camera back from fuji today. All in working order, and it didn't cost me a penny.

However, if it wasn't for this website then I would still have a working camera in front of me now, but I would have been £130 worse off!!!

I'm a bit annoyed that Fuji don't make it clear that there is a known fault with this unit, and leave it up to the customer to go and do a bit of research to discover this. But in all fairness, when I approached them and told them I have found evidence that there 'may' be a fault, they were more than happy to admit it and repair the camera free of charge (even though it's out of warranty).

I wonder though, how many people have paid the full cost of repair without knowing they could have been eligable for a free repair. I hope it's not too many.

But thanks to this site I now have my camera back in good working order, so I can only say a big'Thank you' to those who helped meout (you know who you are).

Let's hope that anyone else having the same problem finds this site.
WheelieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 6:53 PM   #34

FYI...

http://www.steves-digicams.com/diginews.html

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...quicklink=true

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2005, 1:50 PM   #35

I had exectly the same CCD fault. Sent the camera away and got the £129 quote. Had the camera returned and then found this forum. Wrote to Head office quoting what I had heard on here and they sent a prepaid label. Just got it back today after a week and they have replaced the CCD without charge.

Naughty Fuji not owning up to this in the first place......
cyberkid999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 9:26 AM   #36

I am having exactly the same problem:

When my F700 was 11 months old it started to show an aleatory multi-coloured distortion. Later the problem become more more frequent. Finally I could not use the camera at all. Now the screen is always black (no distortion at all, but black). The problem I have is that my F700 serial number is not included in the list and my 1 year warrantee is over. My serial numeber starts at 32A0**** instead of 33A0**** or 34A1.

¿Is anyone having the same problem?

This is the last non black shot my camera took
Attached Images

benjaserrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 11:32 AM   #37

Wow - its reassuring to know I'm not the only one. My F700 suddenly went dark three weeks ago while sitting on my desk. I contacted Fuji repair in Edison, New Jersey and described the problem to them. They did not indicate that it was a known defect on the F700 (as it clearly is) and said that the repair costs would be between $70 and $200, depending on their assessment of how I damaged their camera.

This camera is less than two years old and has never been dropped or abused.

I am sendingthe camera bodyto them today and I'm happy thatI found all this supporting information.This will be the fourth time that I send a Fuji camera in for repair - my previous camera, a Fuji MX-1700, required repair in the first year and failed again shortly out of warranty. The F700 was delivered to me from a Fuji-authorized dealer with a broken mode dial, which required two trips to Edison to repair (they fixed the mode dial the first time but did not secure the back panel). I very much enjoyed this camera while it was workingbut it is difficult to recommed this brand with so much negative history.

--

update: Fuji sent me a note saying that they would repair it for free. I haven't got it back from New Jersey yet. Shame I missed it over the holidays.

--

2nd update: Fuji replaced the camera with an F10.

shiggi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 12:32 PM   #38

They told me the same thing,Theyhad no knowledge of this problem,Same place same repair costs, I sent them my camera and it was repaired free of charge, you should be ok, they never called me with a quote or anything just kept if for a month and sent it back fixed. You should be ok. Good luck!

shiggi7 wrote:
Quote:
Wow - its reassuring to know I'm not the only one. My F700 suddenly went dark three weeks ago while sitting on my desk. I contacted Fuji repair in Edison, New Jersey and described the problem to them. They did not indicate that it was a known defect on the F700 (as it clearly is) and said that the repair costs would be between $70 and $200, depending on their assessment of how I damaged their camera.

This camera is less than two years old and has never been dropped or abused.

I am sendingthe camera bodyto them today and I'm happy thatI found all this supporting information.This will be the fourth time that I send a Fuji camera in for repair - my previous camera, a Fuji MX-1700, required repair in the first year and failed again shortly out of warranty. The F700 was delivered to me from a Fuji-authorized dealer with a broken mode dial, which required two trips to Edison to repair (they fixed the mode dial the first time but did not secure the back panel). I very much enjoyed this camera while it was workingbut it is difficult to recommed this brand with so much negative history.
brendevjayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 12:43 PM   #39

Shiggi, please post your experience with the Fujifilm repair service when you have news about it. It will be a valuable information for all users of Fujifilm cameras, especially those who own a faulty F700 whose serials are not included in the Service Advisory.

I will post any information concerning my F700 repair experience. I will send it for repair to Edison in a few days.

I still have confidence in Fujifilm (I had bought a E550 to replace my F700) because the image quality is superb, but my oppinion may change depending on their attitude.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 12:49 PM   #40

Brandevjayem: ¿Was your camera serial included in the Service Advisory (33A0**** or 34A1).?

Thanks