Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:14 PM   #41

More F700 cameras affected by the faulty CCD. Serial number: 33L0****

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...418827#p418827
benjaserrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 7:32 PM   #42

Mine is a 33A1
brendevjayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:16 AM   #43

Hi All,*I just received a* clients "repaired" F700 back from Edison. It had the CCD gone wild problem and it was in ther serial # range. I have read a lot of the above posts and to me a lot of the problems are those you get dealing with any bureacracy. Before I sent it in I called and had the name of a supervisor that authorized the free repair event tho' the camera was way past the 1 year warranty period. But that was as per Fuji's web site (see above) When I shipped it I insured it for $400 figuring if it got lost I'd use the money to get a brand new camera. After it had been in New Jersey for 2 weeks I got a bill for $83. I called and explained that it was a free repair and so and so had authorized it and they said ok. 2 weeks later I called to check up on the repair and they said they didn't have parts to replace the CCD and I said the client would really like it back for Chistmas day and they said since they didn't have the parts they would just send a new camera. On the 23rd December a brand new in the box F10 not the F700 showed up. So the client is very happy and I think it worked out great because I consider the F10 to be a much better camera.Richard
spudnuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:05 AM   #44

I've got the answer from fuji. They have replaced my faulty F700 with a brand new F-10. In my opinion Fuji has done the right thing: 1) they have recognized the problem with F700's and 2) they have protected their customers (and future buyers of future products).

Anyone with the same problem should send their camera to them for a replacement/repair even if the serial number does not fit in the Service Advisory and the warranty is over.
benjaserrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 12:15 PM   #45

I got my f700 back from fuji repair this morning. At first glance repair seems successful. Repair turn around was 3 1/2 weeks. Took them 1 week to open the package after they recieved it, another week to travel from shipping to repair dept, 1 day to fix, 1 day to test and another week to ship it back. My serial # is 32A03XXX which is outside the recall range but they did the repair without charge.* My impression is that they will repair any camera that has these symptoms withouit charge.I was very upset that my f700 failed only one month out of warrantee and I bought a new camera to replace it before the service advisory can out. I'm glad fuji stepped up and admitted their mistake. If they hadn't I would never buy another fuji camera.
Roger_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 3:38 PM   #46

I received an email from fuji today about my f700. Even though Mine was already fixed for this problem. They are finally admitting that there is a problem with the f700 and they are fixing them for free even out of warrenty. This is the email, I hope it helps everyone with this problem. I saved the email if anyone would like me to send it to them.

Thank you for your patronage of Fujifilm FinePix digital cameras. In order to ensure that our customers are satisfied with our products, we want to be sure that you are aware of a service advisory that was issued with respect to a limited number of cameras.

FUJI PHOTO FILM U.S.A., INC. announces that some of the FinePix A303, F410, F700 and S2 Pro digital camera models may develop a problem with the CCD imaging censor. However, the problem only affects a limited number of units and may not occur in all cameras.

The symptoms are captured images that appear completely black, have a purplish cast or multi-colored distortions. These symptoms would be seen on the camera LCD monitor when the camera is in the shooting mode or during playback. A limited number of these models will have these problems. The following list of serial numbers and model names may be affected:

Model:

Serial Number Rnage:

FinePix A303

Serial numbers are found on the bottom of the cameras.

[align=left]
3JA4**** - 3JA5****
[/align]

FinePix F410

[align=left]
32A1****
[/align]

[align=left]
32A6**** - 32A7****
[/align]

[align=left]
32A9****
[/align]

FinePix F700

[align=left]
33A0****
[/align]

[align=left]
34A1****
[/align]

FinePix S2 Pro

[align=left]
31A127** - 31A143**
[/align]

[align=left]
31A127** - 31A143**
[/align]

[align=left]
33A000** - 33A007**
[/align]

[align=left]
34A000** - 34A004**
[/align]

If your camera serial number is on the list and experiences the symptoms described above and have no other additional damage/malfunction, FUJI PHOTO FILM U.S.A., INC. will repair your camera at no charge, even if your standard one-year limited warranty has expired. If your camera is beyond the standard one year limited warranty period, you will receive a written estimate for any additional damages or malfunctions not listed in this Service Advisory.

This announcement is issued by FUJI PHOTO FILM U.S.A., INC. and is limited to only those Fujifilm products imported to the U.S.A. by FUJI PHOTO FILM U.S.A., INC. and sold by FUJI PHOTO FILM U.S.A., INC. to authorized dealers.

IF SERVICE IS NEEDED:
Please package the camera carefully using ample padded material to prevent damage in transit. Include your name, address and phone number with the shipment as well as a general description of the problem. Keep a record of the camera's serial number and shipment tracking number. Ship your camera to the Fuji Service Center noted below:

Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc.
1100 King George Post Road
Edison, NJ 08837
Attention: Camera Repair Department / CCD Advisory

brendevjayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 8:20 PM   #47

Does anyone have the Fuji repair centre address / telephone number? I am having the exact same problem with my camera which is an S20 pro model. I actually thought like many of you that I may have dropped it given how fragile modern day build quality is nowadays but it does seem that this may actually be a wider problem.

It has been an amazing camera and one of the best I've owned but the other day I took a night shot with it and got similar results to the above attachment - then the batteries died and I put it down to that. The next day out with the kids and a enw set of batteries and it was exactly the same - Was well gutted I missed so many shots due to this problem.
rewilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2006, 4:04 AM   #48

hi

i have exactly the same problem with my f700 no 3300638after reading this forum i rang uk tech support they are sending me free delivery packaging and have said if it is the common ccd problem they will fix free of charge , this forum has been a really great help and i would of not bothered contacting them otherwise

thankyou b.parr
spankyuk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 4:06 PM   #49

i sent my camera back and it only took them 5 days to repair and send back to me ,common ccd problem my camera was out of warranty
spankyuk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 3:37 AM   #50

Hi! We have just started having the same problem with our F700, We have had it about 6 months but it is out of warranty due to buying it 2nd hand off ebay. I was very pleased with the quality of the photos and general easy to use functions on the camera, but after turning it on last weekend, the LCD display showed distorted purplish/black images. Old photos stored on the camera appeared to be fine, so I am wondering if it is a problem with the CCD like everyone else. I sent it back to Fuji for estimate and repair and discovered the recall serial numbers, mine wasn't amongst them. They have said it will cost £99.90 to repair. Has anyone got any advice??? Thanks!:?
carolineweeks is offline   Reply With Quote