Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 27, 2005, 7:55 PM   #1

Hello. I have a fuji f700 with I pretty much bought when they came out. This camera has seen light use and is taken good care of. Recently I pulled it out to snap some pics and the camera is 'seeing' distorted images (see attached). The problem seems to come and go with no pattern. The menu in the camera is fine, just seems like everything through the lens is hosed. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

rmeglior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:11 PM   #2

yea, thats what it looks like. can you see clearly through the lcd?
Wassa786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:32 PM   #3

thats the same as what I see through the LCD.

thxs
Old May 18, 2005, 1:50 PM   #4

Having the exact same problem with mine. It is currently in the shop for repair. Put it in on the 9th of may. If they can fix it in house, it should take abour 2 weeks from then. if they need to send it out to fuji it will take from 3 to 6 weeks. I'll let you know what the fix is. I have the Ritz camera expanded service policy that covers any repair regardless of cause so the repair is free. I'll see if i can find out the cost.
hobbit91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2005, 2:25 PM   #5

Ok, thank you very much for the update. Please keep me posted.
Old May 24, 2005, 2:52 PM   #6

Just checked with the repair shop. they sent it to fuji for repair on the 11th. that means another 3 to 4 weeks from now.
Old May 24, 2005, 2:52 PM   #7

Just checked with the repair shop. they sent it to fuji for repair on the 11th. that means another 3 to 4 weeks from now.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 3:10 PM   #8

Just thought I'd update this. Just spoke with the repair shop. They have over 10 f700's they have sent to fuji for repair. The response when they contact fuji is that parts are backordered. No eta and no other information. I really like this camera and was considering getting another fuji camera but if this is typical of their quality i think i will be looking at another brand. A less than 2 year old camera shouldn't have this much trouble. The Minolta 7000 I got in 1986 has been beat up, dropped and almost totally submerged in orange juice and still works flawlessly.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 3:12 PM   #9

Just thought I'd update this. Just spoke with the repair shop. They have over 10 f700's they have sent to fuji for repair. The response when they contact fuji is that parts are backordered. No eta and no other information. I really like this camera and was considering getting another fuji camera but if this is typical of their quality i think i will be looking at another brand. A less than 2 year old camera shouldn't have this much trouble. The Minolta 7000 I got in 1986 has been beat up, dropped and almost totally submerged in orange juice and still works flawlessly.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 11:30 PM   #10

On june 30th got a call from the repair shop. Fuji has decided that my f700 is not repairable and has replaced it with a fuji f450. No parts for the f700 and no other replacements. According to the repair shop they have a bunch that are being replaced. Probably not good news for those who are out of warranty. I don't thinkthis is a comparable replacement. It is a true 5.2 megapixel. It does not have the 4th generation ccd. jpeg files. 0.3m, 2m, 3m, 5m normal and 5m fine. no raw. 320x240 or 160x120movie modes both at 10 fps. 3.2x optical zoom. wb settings. 4 scene modes, auto and manual modes. no shutter or aperature controls. It does seem to about as quick on the shutter as the 700 but takes a little longer on storage.2 inch lcd. optical view finder. 1/2.5 inch ccd. 80/100/200/400 iso. Much smaller camera. Seems like step backward in technology. This was replaced under the Ritz expanded service plan. They are the ones that decide what is a "comparable" replacement in the event that repairs cannot be made. The manager at ritz said he would do whatever it took to make us happy. Since my wife uses the camera i guess that if she's happy with it i will be too. I am looking for a new camera. Definitely NOT a fuji.