Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 8, 2002, 2:19 AM   #1
wag

Default Fuji 602

I recently ordered the new Fuji 5 Megapix
camera. It has many new features but after placing my order I ran across an article that described the body as being almost entirely made of plastic. Any pro or con comments would be welcome
wag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2002, 11:06 AM   #2
Administrator

That's true, the body is mostly plastic, only the lens barrel seems to be metal but then again, the Canon D30 SLR is mostly a plastic body too.

The S602 Zoom is a very nice camera, don't worry about the plastic, it's quite well made and should hold up well if not dropped on concrete
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2002, 7:02 PM   #3
wag

Default wag/steve

Thanks for the kind words and the reply. Would have been nice tho for that kind of money to go with a metal body. Many cameras in this price range have used metal and made , I'm sure a nice profit. I can't think of one reason other than weight and profit that a company would use plastic instead of metal and in the processs cheapen the feel, appearence and reputation of their products !
wag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2002, 12:16 PM   #4

Default They've been using it for years!

Look at most of the cameras in the shops today! They've been using plastic in a bunch of them for years now and they haven't been major problems.

I have to say this though... The S602Z made some compromises to give the user a ton of features! However, everyone of those features is nicely implemented and for the most part worth the compromise!
elterrible is offline   Reply With Quote