Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 10, 2005, 7:42 PM   #11

Before the rebate offers, the S5100 was selling for $299.94 at Amazon.com. Today it's selling for $289.94 minus the 50 rebate. That's an adjustedprice of $239.94. There's no better camera at twicethe price.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2005, 7:34 PM   #12

i saw some of the S5100s for that price but they were refurbrished so be carefull where you order from. I ordered mine from dell it was $349 but i get a 30 day money back gurantee from dell plus they offere me a 2 year warranty that starts after the fuji warranty runs out for $49. Some sites sell the camera but you get no service afterwards so just be carefull where you order it.
sincerecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2005, 7:48 PM   #13

I bought MINE from Amazon at the pre-rebate price (Missed it by three weeks). It's a brand new unit--Serial Number: 44A47550. I agree that you have to watch some of the sellers on Amazon but I bought mine from Amazon proper. The above price is from Amazon. You should not have any problems with them. On top of that, I ordered it on a Wednesday night and it was delivered that Friday!

And.... I live out in the rural sticks of South Texas!
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 12:39 PM   #14

Bought mine through MPSuperstore.com. It was $248.00 plus $15 shipping. Subtract another $50 for the mail in rebate for a total cost of $213 to my door. I received it just 4 days after ordering. Brand new factory sealed box.
benasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2005, 11:07 AM   #15

Bought mine 2 weeks ago from a place called 17th Street Photo in NY, NY. Came to $294 with shipping. Ordered Thursday and arrived on Monday. So far very happy with everything. Now I'm just waiting for that $50 to come back so I can buy another 512 XD card for it!!

Be careful of a place called Butterfly Photo! I originally ordered the camera from them because of the great price. But after a week of waiting for it to be shipped and about3 phone calls later they informed me that they cannot fulfill my order because they are out of stock. I was very patient and courteous with them and they didn't really even apologize for the situation. They just said "We can't fulfill your order, so we'll be sending the refund in 24-48 hours". That was my first and probably last buying experience with them.
gipper51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2005, 12:14 PM   #16

That's odd, because I bought mine from Butterfly Photo, and it arrived in about a week. No problems, great price, great camera.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote