Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 8, 2005, 11:51 PM   #1

Hey, Im just wondering what are a few good places to purchase this camera? I have seen it as cheap as $189.00 with no extras. Or should I buy a bundled package? Those are usually around $350-450.
Subnet76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2005, 4:05 AM   #2

I would suggest going to: http://www50.shopping.com/xPC-Fuji_F...S5100~S-P~OR-0 or www.pricegrabber.com and looking at the prices offered by stores with a rating of at least 4 of 5 stars. The lowest price I saw was around 270 bucks with a 50 buck rebate.

I would be suspicious of a new S5100 being offered for $189. Grey market?

Check out resellers' ratings. Some of these online retailers are very unscrupulous. They will open a retail package, and offer you the camera without anything else for a lower price. They will then demand that you pay exorbitant shipping fees or buy their highly overpriced accessories. If a price is too good to be true, it's probably a shady deal. I have bought from www.buydig.com with no problem. I think Abe's of Maine has decent ratings.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 4:23 AM   #3

I got mine at Walmart.com. It's $284.74... $234.74 after $50.00 rebate. Plus, if there is someting wrong with it, you can take it back to your local Walmart within 30 days, rather than having to ship it back...nice perk.
New2Fuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 8:42 AM   #4

I was looking for the cheapest price to buy my 5100. I wisely decided to go with a reputable reseller like Newegg. Many of these "camera shops" in Brooklyn with the cheapest prices are a bunch of crooks. Avoid them. Pay a bit more its worth it. And there is no way you can buy a 5100 for 189.00
Bucksnort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 11:53 AM   #5

New2Fuji wrote:
Quote:
I got mine at Walmart.com. It's $284.74... $234.74 after $50.00 rebate. Plus, if there is someting wrong with it, you can take it back to your local Walmart within 30 days, rather than having to ship it back...nice perk.
Wow...I'm going to WalMart....
DanmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 9:17 PM   #6

Hey, I'm new to this... so how does the $50.00 rebate work? Do they automatically take that off the list price at the place of sale (in this case WalMart), or do they post out a cheque for that amount after the purchase?

I'm only going to be in the US for 2 weeks, so a $234 price tag sounds pretty good!!
OzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 10:38 PM   #7

Rebates are mailed to you in the form of a check from the manufacturer or promotion company. In most cases, the rebate is limited to US addresses (resident). From the time you mail in the rebate certificate and receipt (or UPC), it may take 4-8 weeks to ge the check.

I hate rebates!
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 9:03 PM   #8

I bought my S5100 from B&H, ahighly touted store in New York. Transaction was smooth as silk. I paid $284. Fuji is also offering a &50 rebate now to further reduce the price of the camera. B&H will send you a rebate form with the camera. You pre-authorize your rebate on-line with Fujifilm rebates and then mail in the acopy of your invoice, original UPC, and the rebate form. Could not have been simpler. Hope this helps.

Coach P.
CoachP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 6:44 PM   #9

i ordered my S5100 from the dell site. Everything ive ordered from there if i have any problems dell takes care of it. They even have a 30 day satisfaction gurantee. The camera is $349 on the site but has an instant rebate of $70 making it $279, and i have been treated very well on everything ive ordered from them so if they have anything i want to buy i buy it from them.
sincerecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 9:27 PM   #10

I bought mine at Bestbuy. $350.00, plus you get a $50.00 mail in rebate.
overlook2521 is offline   Reply With Quote