Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 14, 2005, 11:22 AM   #1

A few sites said 512MB was the largest I can use. Could there be a reason

why a 1GB XD card wouldn't work in this camera? I have not tried yet.

Also my camera takes the XD that came with it and it also takes the

CF card. Is the XD so much better than the CF? Thanks

[email protected]
Kyguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2005, 11:29 PM   #2

Go here for confirmation, but the S7000 should work with the 1 gig xD cards, too. However, some of those xD cards don't do well in recording or playing back movies.

I think that S7000's produced in the last year should have now problems with CF cards up to 2 gigs. Fuji says officially that the S7000 supports just the CF Microdives, but I quite happily used CF cards from 128 to 512 Megs. I like the Transcend brand cards. Very fast for the price.

Good luck!
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 2:19 PM   #3

I think it says that becuase when the camera was made, 512MB XD cards were not yet available. My 2650 said it only supports up to 128MB XD, but I can use my 512MB XD in it without any problem. I am guessing it would work, but I'd have a return policy available just to make sure.
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 10:25 PM   #4

I use a 1 gig microdrive and it works great. You are limited to 2 gigs on it because the camera uses a fat16 format which won't support larger than 2GIG. I have also used and own a CF card that works good also. Just make sure its one of the faster cards. The issue on some of the older cards was write speeds that caused errors especially with video because the cards could not write fast enough. The XD card was faster than the old CF cards and also didn't cause any errors. I think with XD you have the same issue with a 2 GIG limit.
host is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:24 PM   #5

I put in a 1gig Lexar CF card and it worked great. If this camera was made after a certain date, and mine was, it doesn't have issues with cards and battery drain. You can look up your serial number on your camera to find out.
Kyguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2006, 9:03 AM   #6

I use a 2gb microdrive in my S7000 with no problems, it should work well with most CF cards. I recently looked at a 1gb xD and it mentioned the possible problems with video on the S7000, that would not bother me as I have not shot any video in the two and a half years I have owned my S7000.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2006, 1:24 PM   #7

My S7000 has a 512MB CF card and a 512MB xD card, I don't usually need more than that but with the reduction in memory card prices I may install a larger CF card and leave the xD side alone.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2006, 12:50 PM   #8

Go here:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/dig...ard/index.html
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote