Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 19, 2005, 9:12 AM   #1

I have been reading a lot aboutthe new model (Fuji Z1) on other sites and seen the pictures it produces. Can't find anything on Steve's not even a new announcement. Whats up. Maybe I missed it???
host is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2005, 11:30 AM   #2

I suspect it is a little bit soon for reviews on this camera. Even the information on the Fuji website isn't as complete as it is for other models. The website says that the camera will be "widely available in June" so you will probably start seeing reviews in the next two or three weeks. It looks like a pretty nice little camera. But personally I have difficulty handling these ultra compact cameras. I seem to get along better with something a little bit bigger.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2005, 9:10 PM   #3

I have the little bit bigger S7000 but am looking for something just to put in my pocket for outings. It looks like it might be a good option. The images I have seen in some reviews have looked really good. Steve is usually quick to put announcements on coming cameras in his news section but I haven't see this one. I could have missed it.
Old May 26, 2005, 7:11 PM   #4

Hey where did you see the test pictures that it produces?
too busy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 7:23 PM   #5

here: http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/fu.../gallery.shtml

and if you want to compare to the f10, they took almost all pics with the f10 too:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/fu.../gallery.shtml
AndyME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 7:30 PM   #6

Thanks a lot. Do you have one or kno whow it preforms. Any reviewers have one yet. It looks kinda cool. For me it is between this and the DSC t7
Old May 26, 2005, 8:28 PM   #7

I looks very impressive as did the other you mentioned that now has a full review at that site. They seem to post the F10 as a very good camera. The high ISO and using interpo not to make images larger but to decrease noise seems to be a great idea.
Old May 27, 2005, 3:42 AM   #8

I have the f10 and there is not a big difference in picture quality between the f10 and the z1 as you can see. As far as the T7 is concerned: You may want to read what I wrote in the f10 flash range thread. I own the T1, there is no difference in picture quality between T1 and T7 and I have to say: if you want to use it outdoors: no problem. But the moment you have low light, you really have no choice: the Sony will make terribly noisy pictures with no detail and if you then want to use the flash, it is just tiny, does not go further than 2 yards, and at least the T1 makes red eyes on every shot. If the T7 is better here..maybe a bit, the flash is slightly further away from the lens, but there is no way it goes any further...and the noise on high ISO pics is definitely identical to the one on the T1 (this I tested myself). while indoor fotography is what sets the z1 (and even more so the f10) apart from all competition in the compact camera class. The T7 is just amazingly thin but after all the Z1 looks good, i find, especially the black/silver combo.
AndyME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 6:05 AM   #9

Hey Host, you mentioned a full review of the T7(or you may have ment the Z1). Anyways where did you find this review so I can check it out.

Thanks for all your help
Old Jun 25, 2005, 9:43 AM   #10

Come on then guys - who has a Z1?

We need feedback, user reviews etc!

How does it compare to the similar offerings by Sony? T3/T33 etc...
NBee is offline   Reply With Quote