Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 20, 2005, 6:49 PM   #1

Hi Folks,

I think this is a mixed post that may well have been posted before.

I have an S7000, the serial code on the bottom starts 34L*****, from what i have read the camera's with this type of code have problems with the batteries being drained by certain memory cards or vice versa, any how what i wanted to know was

1. what CF memory cards can i use?

2. how much can i use ie. 1GB - 2GB cards ect? (Steve's review only mentions 512mb CF cards)

thanks folks

Alan :-)
AlanV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 20, 2005, 9:53 PM   #2

I know there was a posting withmore details, but ...

I bought one of the first S7000's to hit the US market more than a 1 1/2 years ago. I used Transcend CF cards and had no problems. The camera should be able to use up to 2 Gig cards because it uses FAT 16 partitioning.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2005, 12:58 PM   #3

Thanks Robbo, that makes sense andhelps clear up the sizes of cards I can go up to.

As well as the Transcend CF, does anyone know of others that can be used, just so i can have agood choice of cards I can get, sorry but i can't help being fussy :G

Alan
AlanV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2005, 6:30 AM   #4

Hi folks,

Any good namebrand 1Gb card will work in the S7000. I've had mine since Dec, 2003 and have the same battery drain problem. Simplist solution is to keep a 512 Kb xD card in slot "all" the time....... and use 1 Gb CF card when doing photo shoots requiring lotsa space. Battery drain is only a problem if you leave the CF card in it's camera slot when not using the camera. I just remove it. No problem.
mtoolmn is offline   Reply With Quote