Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 27, 2002, 11:28 PM   #1

Default FinePix A200

Hey 8)
I read the entire forum and didn't find anything about the new digicam from Fujifilm. I just purchased this A200 and I would recommend this camera to all those who are planning to start a new exciting hobby of photographing. Its body is pretty comfortable to hold and the buttons location is easy to press from the holding position by moving the thumb only. It’s also very light and compact and has great quality and speed for it's size, unfortunately the movie clips that u can record has no sounds. But overall if you wish to get an above average camera I recommend this one to you!!
* It is not my first camera to try, many of my friends are photographers and I have seen many Fujifilm brand cameras and this one is a beginners recommended, I bought it for my friend as a present so i tried it
Xe£onth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2002, 6:28 AM   #2

It's nice to hear from a satisfied forum member! Most of the better cams like the A200 should take good pics, but you've obviously done your research and matched the one you have, to best suit your needs!

There are so many cams to choose from, each with their pro's and cons, that finding the best suitable is not always easy- and it's very much personal choice in the end, which we often forget.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2002, 2:03 PM   #3

Default Finepix A200

I would like to know if anyone has experienced the same problem. I purchased a Finepix A200 for my daughter. It is her first real camera. A200 seemed like an excellent choice, given the features, ease of operation and price. She has taken a few hundred pictures using both the 16 meg card that came with the camera and the 64 meg card I purchased separately. The second card is Olympus branded. The problem I noticed is that some photos have "bubbles" or round, discolored spots. I thought these were being caused by reflections from the flash and indeed in the photos with glass, mirrors, or other shiny objects there are a lot of "bubbles." But even in the photos with no reflective surfaces she gets an occasional "bubble." I noticed that the problem occurred while using the 64 meg card and not the other card. It may be just a coincidence since I have not really experimented with the two cards or it may be that the 64 meg card is defective. Have you or anyone else with a digital camera had similar problems? Any suggestions or solutions. Thanks in advance.
lenkerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2002, 2:55 PM   #4

I read somewhere that, in taking pictures, especially indoors, try taking them on an angle. In other words, not straight on. I have an A101, and I've had a few of the bubble things, and i noticed my pictures were taken straight on. Try taking some, at a slight angle. Hope this helps.
ajchatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2003, 7:23 AM   #5

Don't think the prob. is cards as the bubble in my case was indistinct with soft focussed edges, I think it's lens reflection.

I have a 602, added a wide angle lens and got a couple of pics back with the odd bubble, outdoors, sunny day. Until I can find a lens hood to try which fits, I can't be certain, but I'm sure if you see this outdoors, the sun will have been to the right or left of the lens, rather than ideally behind. I've not seen this without the wideangle fitted.

Unfortunately, the prob. is only visible when you get the pics back on a big monitor, so difficult to pin down on location.

It goes without saying that your lens should be clean!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2003, 12:54 PM   #6

In reference to my prior posting re "bubbles" on my daughter's photos, I did some experimenting and it is clear that it was not the camera or the card, but reflections of shiny surfaces while using a flash. None of the outdoor pictures have the same problem, but are bright and rich in color. When shooting indoors, with a flash, I notice an occasional "bubble" or reflection. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate hearing them. Otherwise, this is a great beginner camera.
lenkerry is offline   Reply With Quote