Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 2, 2005, 7:24 PM   #11

how do i make pics files smaller? I have a few pics i took and wanted an opinion but the file size is 561,493 bytes and its to large to post here
sincerecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 8:28 PM   #12

Software, Cowboy...software...

Got anything on your computer? If not, try Irfanview - it's free;

http://www.irfanview.com/

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 10:17 PM   #13

well i downloaded the irfan software, after i put the pic in it do i just save the pic as a different file? and if so what type of file would be small enough to post on here
Old Jun 2, 2005, 10:36 PM   #14

I resize my pics to 800 x 600 (works here), then I click on 'save as' ...which opens my destination folder, for which I created a new folder named "Resized Pics", then I just click on 'save'. I'm not an expert with Irfanview...I just downloaded it about 2 weeks ago, and have been playing around with it - seems pretty good for a freebie.

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 11:14 PM   #15

well here goes let me know how it turns out hun ha ha im trying what you said so hope i do it right
Attached Images

Old Jun 2, 2005, 11:18 PM   #16

heres one more i took these in my yard at night
Attached Images

Old Jun 3, 2005, 12:19 AM   #17

another pic atnight after a dew
Attached Images

Old Jun 3, 2005, 8:37 AM   #18

Hun you want 55mm filter and lens cap. The generic lens cap i linked to above is like the fuji lens cap except it is not as deep and fits perfectly with a filter attached to camera. I do not know about a cap keeper. I take the lens cap off and put it in my pocket while shooting.

Sincerecowboy, I bet you have some editing software. If you have a scanner then some would have come with that.I use photoshop elements which came with my visioneer scanner. Canon scanners have arc soft photo studio etc. With that you simply open the pic in the software and go to usually "edit" then "image size", scale down the photo untill it is the size you want. Nice pics btw. Are you using macro mode while shooting the rose? I live in N. Texas and went to UT, perhaps we can take our cameras to Tex-OU and get some good action shots this year, haha. Enjoy the camera.
Bucksnort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 1:40 PM   #19

The best free basic editor and picture sorter is Picasa2, sponcered by google. It automaticlly searches your computer for pictures upon startup of the app, and sorts them, and can do many things very elegantly. As far as editing, basic color, contrast, brightness, red eye, and size editing is about as far as that goes. Google Picasa 2, and I think you will be pleasently surprized.

Edit: Also, the only real downside I see to the S5100 is the smallish 1/2.7 CCD sensor and smallish 1.5" LCD. Despite the small sensor, pictures have relatively low noise. Also, the electronic viewfinder makes up for the small LCD. For the price, it is packed with great quality and features.
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 7:06 PM   #20

thanks bucksnort, yes i used macro mode on those pics. Ill learn more as i practice. Actually took those pics with a kodak 7360 that i bought about a month ago and i sold it after 3 weeks to buy one with more zoom, so hopefully ill get the S5100 in a few days and then ill start all over learning ha ha. Yeah im ready for some sooner football whoo hoo