Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 8, 2005, 1:12 AM   #31

well cant believe they would turn out that good going 45 miles an hour must be a pretty decent camera
sincerecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2005, 9:24 AM   #32

Good gosh Cowboy how long ago did you order that from Dull? I think I woud light a fire under someones u know what. Perhaps they outsourced their other departments to India like they did service and support.
Bucksnort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2005, 9:29 AM   #33

well ordered that camera almost 3 weeks ago and iemailed dell asking how much longer it would bebecause if it was gonna be much longer i would cancel the order, and order a different camera. The lady cancelled it without asking me if thats what i wanted to do so now i have to w ait to get my refund and reorder the camera i was a little upset that she cancelled it. Dell did give me a $90 coupon to use on the next order since the lady cancelled the order
Old Jun 10, 2005, 11:15 AM   #34

Well, just to tantalize you a little bit, we took a trip to Alaska last week and chartered a flyover of Mount McKinley. This is one of the pictures we were able to get. There's a little reflection in the glass, but I like what the camera was able to do.

I ordered my 5100 from one of those "terrible" Manhattan camera companies. It arrived in less than a week. I haven't had any complaints about the service or the camera.
Attached Images

jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2005, 1:11 PM   #35

wow thats a beautifull picture, i ordered my S5100 through dell and they order it from fuji. Fuji has such a big backorder on the very camera that its gonna take at least2 weeks to get it. I order most everyting io can through dell because if i have any problems with it within 30 days dell pays the shipping back and refunds my money and also they offer me a 2 year warranty that starts after fuji warranty runs out for $47 so i may take that out also. Dell has always treated me right so i order through them. Thanks very much for the pic i enjoy seeings pics taken with that camera it makes me look forward to getting mine that much more
Old Jun 11, 2005, 7:30 PM   #36

did you take that pic on normal settings with no zoom? Im surprised there wasnt any blurr since you were moving in the airplane
Old Jun 11, 2005, 9:23 PM   #37

The exif information gives the following:

Exposure Program: Normal program
Shutter Speed: 1/400
F-stop: F/5.0
ISO speed rating: 64

I think the key was that the zoom was left quite wide for most of the shots. That helps out a lot on shots like this one.
Old Jun 11, 2005, 9:59 PM   #38

hey thanks, ive ordered the S5100 but it will be a couple of weeks before i get it im ready for it lol.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 1:53 PM   #39

Well, I understand that Dell is a good company. I have a Dell computer and I'm very happy with it. But I don't understand why you are buying a camera from them when you have to wait such a long time for it, and pay such a premium price for it. I purchased my camera from one of those "scary" Manhattan camera companies, Butterfly Photo. I received the camera in about 10 days, and after I send in the rebate, my cost for the camera, including shipping, is about $236.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 4:43 PM   #40

well dell had given me a $90 coupon to use on the camera so that made it pretty cheap, also they offer 2 yeart warranty that starts after the fuji warranty runs out for $49 and they have a 30 day monbey back guarantee if your not satisfied with it. Plus it was free shipping. I had ordered my computer from dell about 3 months ago and been very happy with the service ive gotten from them