Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 13, 2005, 12:25 AM   #41

Here's a nice close up (not macro) of a plant on my patio. I have had access to a canon S1 and have taken identical shots with it and the 5100 and the 5100 is as good and sometimes better than the S1.
Attached Images

TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2005, 5:29 PM   #42

Well, I guess it's all a matter of personal preference where we purchase our toys. After I received my camera, I went online to Fuji's website to register the camera, and they offered me a two-year extended warranty that kicks in at the end of the regular warranty. It was either $19.95 for $29.95. I can't remember for sure, but I thought it was a pretty good deal.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2005, 7:06 PM   #43

well that is a good macro shot, I had ordered a canon s1 IS and when i got it it wouldnt read the memory card so i sent it back and i ordered the fuji S5100. Im annxious to get it hopefully it will be here sometime next week. Ive heard a lot of good things about it. Thank you for the pic i really enjoy seeing pics taken with that camera, makes me look forward to getting it
sincerecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2005, 10:13 PM   #44

Here is another photo from our Alaska trip last week. This one isn't as striking as some of the bird photographs I have seen, but I still like it quite a bit. We were out strolling the streets of Homer quite early in the morning before the sun was up. Consequently, the features are quite soft. But he was certainly a co-operative model.
Attached Images

Old Jun 13, 2005, 11:26 PM   #45

well ive seen some american eagles around the lakes here but didnt have a camera at the time to take pics of them. Hopefully ill have the camera next week then i can start learning about it. Thanks for sharing the pic
Old Jun 16, 2005, 5:56 PM   #46

I couldn't resist. I spent a little time working over this image, and this is what I have been able to come up with.
Attached Images

Old Jun 16, 2005, 6:28 PM   #47

well good job on the pic, i see the head is a little clearer, and the pic is a little brighter. Im still waiting to get my S5100 lol