Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 1, 2005, 11:16 AM   #1

Good choice, you will not regret it.
Attached Images

Bucksnort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2005, 11:26 AM   #2

zoomed max and camera trimmed
Attached Images

Old Jun 1, 2005, 1:28 PM   #3

thank you was hoping to see some pics that the S5100 had taken. Was worried about picture blur when zooming since it doesnt have image stabilizitation. Some have told me to try putting it in sports mode when zooming and that would help. How have you done when zooming in without a tripod are the pics sometimes pretty blurry?
sincerecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 7:21 PM   #4

You do have to be rather steady at full zoom but I have had no problems with it. Well I will say on a semi or bright day. Now if its low light situation I think any camera with a 10x zoom would give you problems. The squirrel was a overcast day and full zoom with no tripod. I do not see any blur hehhh. Honestly you will love this camera. I have just scratched the surface with this camera and have not touched the extensive manual settings as of yet. Well built beautifulcamera. Here is another full zoom no tripod. The memory is coming down quickly in price. 256 meg cost me 36 bucks. Image stabalization would help in lower light situations but i did not want a 450.00+ camera.
Attached Images

Old Jun 1, 2005, 7:28 PM   #5

well ive only had one digital camera i sold it after using it for a bout a month it didnt have enough zoom for me it was a kodak 7360 6.1 megapixel. Took great pics but wanted more zoom. I ve seen a lot of good reviews on the fuji camera only drawbacks i saw was no image stabilization, and expensive memory card but other than that all good
Old Jun 1, 2005, 9:02 PM   #6

Hey cowboy...

How's this - max zoom while standing on my rocking boat. Who needs IS?

the Hun
Attached Images

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 9:06 PM   #7

hey thanks for the pic looks great, thats the only problem i worried about with the camera. On every review i read that and the expensive memory card were about the only cons. But on this site everyone has said nothing but good things about the S5100 so cant wait till i get mine, should be here this weekend. Agains thank you very much
Old Jun 2, 2005, 10:29 AM   #8

Where did you take that pic at Hun? And welcome to forums sincerecowboy. I would suggest a 55mm uv filter and a generic 55mm plastic lens cap. The included fuji lens cap is too deep and will not go on with a filter installed. I got the hoya super hmc uv. I got my filters and plastic lens cap here (top notch place and prices):

http://www.2filter.com/welcometo.html

Here is the page with lens caps, little hard to find on their site:

http://www.2filter.com/prices/products/snapon.html
Old Jun 2, 2005, 6:27 PM   #9

Bucksnort,

I snapped that pic while fishing out in Great South Bay, Long Island, New York. I have a UV filter, but I didn't have it on the camera because my Fuji lens cap won't fit when I have the UV filter on (like you didn't know that). I was looking at screw-on metal lens caps, but that plastic snapon you recommended sounds a lot better! What size should I get for my S5100 - 55 MM? Does it fit over the outside of the UV filter? How about the CK-1 capkeeper - does that work with the snapon lens cap? Thanks for the link.

Hey cowboy - I've never been to Duncan, but I've been to Chickasha...you've sure got a lot of open land out there! Enjoy your new camera!

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 7:00 PM   #10

well hun duncan is about 25 minutes south of chickasha. Ive got a lot to learn about Using the digital camera on different settings. Dont really know much other than turn one on and click the button lol. Now if it was astronomy i could tell you just about anything ha ha