Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 1, 2005, 7:59 PM   #1

i ordered the S5100, and i have heard that when zooming out, put the camera in sports mode and it will help keep from blurring the pics. Is that true? Has anyone tried that?
sincerecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2005, 11:14 PM   #2

Although I haven't tried it, that's probably true since the sports mode changes the priority to shutter speed. It also selects sensitivity "100" which may or may not be good.

You may be better off selecting a higher sensitivity and selecting the S or P mode. There, you can changetheshutter speed up to 1/1000 sec. for some fast action shots and near zero shake/blur.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 10:29 PM   #3

I just tried my S5100 in sports mode, and was disappointed bysome blurry pics, outdoors, & especially indoors, both under bright daylight???,,, after checking this out, I found that sports mode defaulted to ISO 100, not auto ISO,,, which I was unaware of,leaving not enoughexposurefor the shot, causing bluriness, especially indoors. My Bad, I'll just stick to Auto mode, and auto ISO. I found it works best there.

Indoors Auto ISO, or200 ISO works much better!
MikDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 10:38 PM   #4

well i havent tried it in sports mode while zooming, someone had told me they had a kodak 6340 i think and they said it helped when zooming but i havent tried it yet. I guess changing the shutter speed would help. I just havent really read the book much yet to see how to do that but ill figure it out. Ive only had the S5100 for a week so gotta lot to learn lol
sincerecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote