Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 6, 2005, 11:20 PM   #1

:?

Dear all.

I bought a FinePix E550 five months ago. It was very good at that time. I took almost 1500 photo with a very good quality ( as far as I think).However, I did not use the camera for the last month, and last week when I tried to shoot some outdoor pictures, I am so disappointed because almost all (97%) of the pictures taken outdoor have many horizontal shadow stripes accross the image, and the images appear too bright. I did try all different settings but I could not fix it. All In door pictures are still perfect.

I really need your help here. Thak you.
Attached Images

luunguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2005, 4:02 AM   #2

thanks for posting the pic. have seen reports of problem described in similar words (but without picture) on other boards, the answer being that this is a problem with the camera not fixeable by the user.

suggest you do a search on this and other digicam boards and/or contact fuji.

(we have a fuji e550 and are overall quite pleased with it; excellent pictures, handy size, decent controls and menu.)
shu246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2005, 2:04 PM   #3

I have seen this problem posted by other e550 users. IT probably needs repair, and Fuji may give you an f10 back instead.
montana500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 7:55 AM   #4

Just got my FinePixE550 back from the FuJi Repair center. The Lens CONST was defective, and has been replaced ( As they said). Everything seems to be OK now. See sample.
Attached Images

Old Jul 12, 2005, 8:30 PM   #5

How long did Fuji take to get your camera back to you? I'm still waiting for my e550 to have it's CCD cleaned. :?
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 11:20 PM   #6

:OHi all,

I have the same issue as luunguyen (sounds like it is a common problem), but it is happening for me with both indoor and outdoor photos. It is sounding like the only thing to do is send it back to Fuji and hope they can fix my camera instead of giving me a different model! I am also interested in the turnaround time fo rthe camera, as I use it for my eBay business.

Thanks for the informative posts!

~hubriis
hubriis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:49 AM   #7

It took two weeks.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 12:46 AM   #8

Dang, your lucky. I just called Fuji again today, and mine has already been part way through the "repair" phase, and they say it'll be another week before they send it back. It'll be almost a month and a half by the time I get it back, and all they had to do was clean the CCD. Geez.
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 4:07 PM   #9

I have the same problem with the horizontal lines during bright / outdoor shooting.

When in auto mode, and shooting in a southernly,[direction of the sun], I get totally whited out overexposures.

Additionally, I get the horizontal white lines when taking photos with flash. Indoors and out.

When taking photos with flash in dark nightime conditions, I get no lines.

Which leaves me to believe the problem has to do with lens / exposure functions.
TeflonMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 5:42 PM   #10

Heres an example of the problem, no flash , bright , indoor..
Attached Images

TeflonMike is offline   Reply With Quote