Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 10, 2005, 2:14 PM   #21

Well, when I got my camera back, they sent me the replaced board. The serial number of my camera is 44A21612 (is the number at the bottom of the camera), and I bought it on early February this year, through the Internet, while I was in Wisconsin.

Miguel
mrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 3:46 PM   #22

I am also having this problem with my finepix 550. I was told today by someone in the repair department that "they are having alot of problems with this camera." I am so frustraited because this is the second time we have sent it in with the same problem. Our baby was just born and we are so upset not to have our camera. I will not buy Fuji again mainly because of their lack of support. They said they were going to send me a "same camera swap." What I don't understand is once they have received my camera what is the holdup.
Beck91105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 5:01 PM   #23

OK, I checked and the number on the bottom of my camera is 4MA00136. I bought it early this year, maybe February.

-Jody
jodym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2005, 11:08 AM   #24

I too have a E550 suffering this processor problem. I bought the camera in April from Pixmania. Within a month it was displaying the banding and over exposure symptoms. As others have stated I noticed that the video mode is unaffected. I returned the camera to Finepix in France ( a right pain as I live in UK and had to pay over £10 to ship it) who then sent it to Fuji and it was eventually returned from Pixmania in June. No explanation of what they did to fix it but it only worked for about a month before the same problems reemerged. My E550 serial number is 43L42631. I am sending it back to Pixmania again but have a bad feeling about it ever being sorted. While I was a fan of Finepix cameras until now; I would caution anyone buying this model. There may only be a small probability of getting a bad camera but the reliability of this model is definitely suspect. The great features mean diddlyif the camera isn't functioning properly.
Snapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 6:36 PM   #25

I also have that problem, but when i remove the bateries for a long period (4 or 5 days) it starts to work better. Also when I pre warm the camera (with my body heat for exemple).
thejoedoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 7:03 PM   #26

Bought a Fuji E550 from Sam's Club back in April 2005...took it back the next day due to exposue and banding problems. They swapped it for another and I loved it until Sept when the identical problemoccured onthe replacement camera. Just yesterday, Dec 13, I carried the camera back to Sam's Club and explained the problem. They cheerfully refunded the purchase price after 8 months and I didn't even buy the extended warranty.

I am now trying to find another camera...looked at the Fiji F10 but hate the shape and size. Also, the battery is proprietary. I want something made somewhere other than China that is 6mp or higher, 4x or more optical zoom, semi-compact (not miniature), uses AA rechargeables and has plenty of manual controls.

Anyone got any recommendations? :?

Dlorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2005, 10:06 PM   #27

My 2 month old E550 started having these horizontal lines & swirling effect on the pictures after downloading them. I thought it might be batteries dying but after reading all your very familiar problems, I'm wondering what's the best soultion to get this fixed? As soon as possible? There's a repair place close & the main one in New York? Should I ask for a swap? Any help would be appreciated.
jeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2005, 10:06 PM   #28

My 2 month old E550 started having these horizontal lines & swirling effect on the pictures after downloading them. I thought it might be batteries dying but after reading all your very familiar problems, I'm wondering what's the best soultion to get this fixed? As soon as possible? There's a repair place close & the main one in New York? Should I ask for a swap? Any help would be appreciated.
jeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 5:45 AM   #29

My experience, and of many other people with the same symptoms, is that you need to replace the main processor board of the camera (actually it seems that the problem is produced by some faulty chip). The mad thing about it is that some of the other functions of the camera works OK, and that the banding problem may vanish if you take a lot of pictures up until the chip works again. In my case the repair cost me $150.

Miguel
mrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:27 AM   #30

Mine just came from repairs and they replaced the "shutter blades".
Now is working fine. For now
thejoedoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote