Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 7, 2005, 1:42 AM   #1

Any one can help me?

This picture is one of hundred pictures that I have been taken out door using my new FinePix E550.I did try all the settings. Thank you.
luunguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2005, 4:12 AM   #2
Administrator

Try using the Setup, Reset Menu choice to reset your camera's settings back to factory defaults.

If that doesn't correct the problem, I'd suggest seeing if your vendor will replace it for you.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2005, 5:17 PM   #3

Try reseting the camera as Jim suggested, and if that doesn't work, try removing the batteries and letting it sit for several hours. If it's new, it should be under warranty, so contact Fujifilm about the problem and see if they will work with you in fixing it or RMAing the camera. It really is a good camera, so it's ashame your appears defective. Good luck!
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2005, 11:05 PM   #4

Thank you very much for advice from you all.

I think, my camera really needs tosee the doctor, doesn't it ?
Old Jun 8, 2005, 10:33 AM   #5
Administrator

luunguyen wrote:
Quote:
Thank you very much for advice from you all.

I think, my camera really needs tosee the doctor, doesn't it ?
I don't see anything in the EXIF that's obviously wrong. The image is overexposed, and the horizontal lines in the image should not be there. Now, I guess it's possible that a setting could do this (i.e., this model may do something peculiar if a particular setting is changed).

But, if this is what you are getting, regardless of settings (even after a reset to factory defaults), then you've got a very defective camera.

It's possible it's something like a battery or memory card (it could be voltage related, and cards have been known to fail in such as way as to cause strange symptoms). So, you may want to try swapping out these items to see if it makes a difference (if you have access to spares). But, it's more likely the camera.

I'd see if your vendor will swap it out for you first (so you don't need to send it into Fuji for warranty repair).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2005, 4:15 PM   #6
Smi

Hmm. Hi everyone - I also have this camera, which, up to this point has been superb. No complaints, other than the usual in that its hard to see the LCD in bright sunlight. but hey, what can you do!? anyway.

I also get the over-exposure and horizontal "scan lines" or moire or whatever they are accross the screen, which are also present when you put it onto a computer.

Funilly enough, this only happened when I reset the settings today, just because I thought it'd be a good idea. because the camera was a present for my 18th birthday this year, Im a bit paranoid that I dont damage it - so naturally the fact that this happened got me a bit worried. I reset again, and it doesnt appear to be doing this any more. also: the autofocus noises seemed a bit gratier / louder earlier. Dont know if thats relevent.

I really hope this isnt a recurring problem because this is a great camera, and I'd love to be able to take it on holiday with me in a few weeks time!

Thanks, if you can help.

If it helps, it was purchased from amazon. I cant find any email contact details on the fuji website - is it worth giving them a ring and asking for advice?

Smi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 7:34 AM   #7
Smi

AN UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS.

I rang fujifilm just now, and they said, and I quote: "This is definately not a known problem for this model" and recommended it returned to either the retailer or them, depending on its age. (ie. if its very new, retailer)

So thats it, then. Its not a known problem, but would appear to be a rare mechanical fault. although its odd how it develops after a little while.oh well. back to amazon it goes - I just hope they can return it before 4th of July, when I fly.
Smi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 1:15 AM   #8

I've just got my FinePix E550 back from FuJi Repair Center. They said that there was a problem with the Lens CONST ( I don't know what it is !!), and they have replaced and fully tested it. It seems OK now. See sample.
Attached Images

Old Jul 24, 2005, 9:16 PM   #9

I have a similar problem with mine. The problem is always present when I turn on the camera, and it is worse in the Auto mode and also in a sunny day. Sometimes after several dozen pictures it starts to work better (and with stunning results I may add, which makes me more mad about it). I'm including a sample crop with the problem.
Attached Images

mrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 3:23 PM   #10

I just got a new FujiFilm E550 2 weeks ago. So far, I've only gotten a couple of really good photos. Most of the photos have lines or circlesthrough them when they are actual size on the computer. It takes better photos in macro mode.
huskerz4u is offline   Reply With Quote