Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 13, 2005, 10:24 AM   #1
Administrator

Fujifilm has released Firmware Version 1.02 for the FinePix F10.

Firmware Download Page

This Firmware (Ver.1.02) update will revise the internal software of the FinePix F10 digital camera. Installation of this update is optional. It incorporates the following enhancements:

1) Correction of English displayed on the LCD monitor
2) Updates the compatibility of the PictBridge function with some printers
3) Correction of an error that would not allow some computers to start up if the camera was connected and turned on.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2005, 5:25 PM   #2

Ok, I'm really new to the digital camera's. I just recently purchased an F10. So how does this update work? Am I going to plug my camera into the computer to update it?? Or what? :?

llilred

llilred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 5:34 PM   #3
Administrator

llilred wrote:
Quote:
Ok, I'm really new to the digital camera's. I just recently purchased an F10. So how does this update work? Am I going to plug my camera into the computer to update it?? Or what? :?

If you go to the above link, then click on the appropriate link for your operating system for downloading the firmware, it takes you to an instructions screen.

Basically, you're going tocopy a file extracted from a download to an XD Picturecard. Then, when the camera is turned on, it recognizes the file as being a firmware update and prompts you to start the update. Read the directions and you'll get a better idea of how this works.

Make sure to follow the instructions exactly. BTW, if you interrupt a firmware update in progress, your camera will be a paperweight. So, be careful. ;-)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 6:43 PM   #4

Jim,

Thanks for the info!

llilred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 2:32 PM   #5

Any idea if they will release one that fixes other kinks? Like the bad Auto mode?
some_stupid_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:27 AM   #6

...just a quick question... when doing the firware upgrade, does one have to transfer the exe file to the xdcard using the camera, or can one use a card reader? thanks for the info!

edward
junji98 is offline   Reply With Quote