Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 2, 2003, 12:07 PM   #1

Default Hey! Differences and Descisions..

Hey guys..

I have been browsing the main site, and reading a lot of reviews. They are amazing :shock: in their detail and accuracy. Unfortunately they are a bit too detailed for my tastes, and knowledge. I was wondering what is the differnence inbetween the Fuji 6800Zoom and the Fuji 4800Zoom, other than the slight body changes.

Also i know where i can get the 6800Zoom for 599$ CAD...is that a good deal?

One more thing. This is for my dad, who is gone overseas...So to connect with us back home, it'd be nice if the digi cam can second as a Webcam, then he can spend 100$ more on the digi cam than on a seperate webcam.

Last thing, we are also looking at the Cannon S30... Ne other recommendations to cameras around the 2-3 MP range, and at approx 200-600$?
Athlon_Rulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2003, 12:28 PM   #2

Athlon_Rulz & INTEL drools :lol:

You will not be able to use as web cam. Web cams are cheap now, make sure you get one with CCD NOT CMOS, the cmos are real light pigs requireing you to set up lights so image will be clear. If your dad is in a neat area overseas Optical zoom is important, 3x is good for around house,town but for the "great outdoors" 6X minuim. ignore digital zoom, you can do the same with software after picture taken, "make it big and blurry".
Hey, remember August 99 when the Athlon 600 was the fastest CPU in the world. I have built about 500 computers with AMD and zero with the other.
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2003, 12:40 PM   #3

If you are set on a Fuji go with the 3800, the 2 you mentioned have been out over 1 1/2 years and do not have the features of 3800 which came out Oct 02. The 3800 can be had from autherized fuji dealer for $350 USD

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...fuji_3800.html

Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2003, 4:56 PM   #4

..Athlons all the way...heh

Anyways...no i am not deciding on brand. Its just that the Fuji's cameras appealed to me, but i also did like other Cannons..and the Nikon coolpix...watever it is.

Overall my dad wants a point-and-shoot camera, i doubt he'll be HEAVILY using or going into teh expert level kind of photography.

BTW hes going to Muscat, Oman...a place surrounded by mountains and the BEAUTIFUL gulf of oman.

Heh...nething u would like to recommend would be nice...I will forward him this thread...btw he also said he will be in Dubai(the electronic-philes dream)...so he can pick up a cam.

And the first post mentioned u CANT use it as a webcam? im pretty sure it said on the box u CAN use it as a webcam when it's in its cradle...
Athlon_Rulz is offline   Reply With Quote