Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 18, 2005, 7:46 PM   #1

I was on my cruise all last week, and took tons of pictures with my new Fuji e550 of course. When I got back to look at the pictures, most were fantastic, but some had a strange spot. The ones that had thew spot were always solid blue. I kept thinking it was a smuge on the lens, but I kept wiping of the lens with no success. Is it possible this dirt/smudge/whatever is on the CCD or internal lens? Here is a picture that shows what I am talking about. It is NE of the bird. Should I contact Fuji on this one?

Edit: Also, I just tried it on a white piece of paper, and it is a slightly darkened spot. Let me know if you have any ideas.
Attached Images

Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2005, 9:47 PM   #2

Looks like a defect to me. Good thing you can edit with photoshop because that is a great shot.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2005, 9:50 PM   #3

That's what I'm thinking, and thanks for the compliment. Anyways, I e-mailed Fuji about it, but if I don't get a responce soon, I'll call on Monday and see if they can help me out.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 4:56 PM   #4
Smi

Amazing photo, almost doesnt look real. Can you pass on Fuji's email to me, please? I need to contact them regarding the over-exposure/white lines problem that some people are having. Tis a shame, as its an awesome camera. I'm ringing their UK call centre in the morning anyway to try and sort it out. OOOH!
Smi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 11:17 PM   #5

Update: Well, Fujifilm told me I'd have to send in the camera. So I did. Insured as they told me, costing me $8, and 3 weeks of lost shooting time. Although it was supposed to arrive in 2 days, Fujifilm told me it would take 4-5 business days after it arrvied for them to have any updates on what is wrong, or even if they received it. A little slow, but I am hopping they are going to do a good job fixing it. I send it last thursday, and will give them a call on friday to see if they have any info.

Good luck with yours SMI. Sorry it took so long for a responce. Without my camera, I dont' feel like browsing camera forums too much if you know what I mean. I am in mourning. Hopefully it will come back perfect. I will keep you updated of course.
Old Jul 3, 2005, 3:12 PM   #6

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that everything works out well.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 1:23 AM   #7

Well, I received a letter, if you could call it that, from Fuji describing that the CCD was dirty, and it would be cleaned. This keeps me hopeful that it will arrive soon back at home in perfect condition. Although I am happy Fujifilm will take care of the problem, I think it took them rediculously long to enter the camera into their databases, diagnose the problem, and fix the problem. I have made several calls for updates, and they initially said it would take 4-5 business days after the received the camera to begin diagnostic, 3 days for diagnostic, then 5 days for repair. Keeping in mind they don't work on the weekends and adding days for shipping, the cleaning of the CCD will take a month! I sure wish there was a way I could have done this myself.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 12:21 PM   #8
Smi

You'll never guess what, but about two days into my lurverly holiday on Paxos, Greece, the very same thing appeared on my camera, toward the top right of the picture, just under the 6M on the screen.

so, it appears my CCD is dirty too. I have to say, Im a bit put off that my camera has developed two of the faults that are on here, but I'm going to try one more time. If it breaks down or becomes faulty again, three strikes and Fuji are out. Although the downer is I'll have to get a camera that takes xD cards as I bought another two in order to sate my photo taking habits.

BAH! is all I say ¬_¬
Old Jul 19, 2005, 1:23 PM   #9

Sounds fair to me. I guess you will be looking at Olympus if the third strike happens.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 2:01 PM   #10
Smi

I dont really know where to look, if Im honest :?