Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 20, 2005, 6:39 AM   #1

Hi. I have a problem. I received a very nice Fuji FinePix S 304 Digital camera .....unfortunately without its original Cd...and I found some drivers on the net but I cannot upload pictures from the camera and I do not know what to do....I found something about a program for Wiows Xp (that's what I have on my computer)..and I do not know if it is good for what I want....please tell me if I'm on the right track....
10x a lot...
Jural
Jural is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2005, 10:43 AM   #2

Have you considered just purchasing a card reader? It plugs into one of your USB ports, and in most instances requires no additional software in Windows XP. Then, all you have to do is open Windows Explorer and use standard Windows copy commands to transfer the pictures to your hard drive. The card reader shows up as an additional disk drive.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:35 AM   #3

Thanks for your help but...I'm not very good at computers...(I mean the components)and could you tell me more about this disk drive?? I've got a programme from the internet called FinePixViewer but till now it doesn't help me too much...unfortuntely....:sad: I would really appreciate if you could tell me more about this disk drive, where I can find it...
Thanks a lot,
Jural
Jural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:20 AM   #4

Jural,

With your computer "on" and the camera "off"...plug your USB cable into your camera...plug the other end into the USB port on your computer...turn your camera "on"...What happens (give it a few seconds)? You should see a popup window, asking you 'what do you want Windows to do?'. There should be several choices, such as view the pictures as a slideshow, copy the pictures to the hard drive, etc. If you have installed the FinePix Viewer software, that will come up as an option in the popup window.

If you don't get a popup, the computer is not recognizing the USB port. Try a different port on your computer. You may have a computer problem rather than a camera problem. XP should recognize anything you plut into a USB port.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:11 AM   #5

I have not used the Finepix Viewer software, but if it has been installed correctly it should work as the previous writer described. If your camera is like mine, there are two positions on the on/off switch. The first "on" position is the one that should activate the software and assist you in downloading your pictures.

As far as the card reader is concerned, that is my preferred method for downloading pictures. It doesn't put any strain on the batteries in the camera, and personally I like the additional control that I have over the process. You can purchase a card reader at just about any place that sells digital cameras and supplies. You can purchase one that just allows you to insert only the same type of card that is in your camera, or you can purchase one that has several different slots so that you can insert different types of cards. It doesn't matter which card reader you purchase, as long as it is made to accept the same type of card that is in your camera. Personally I have a card reader that will read 12 different types of cards because different members of my family have different cameras, and I wanted to be able to download pictures from any of them. The card reader comes with a USB cable. You plug it into one of the USB ports on your computer. As soon as you do, Windows Explorer will recognize it as an additional disk drive. If you are not familiar with using the copy feature in Windows Explorer, I suggest you go to a computer store and ask them to show you how to copy files from one disk to another. Copying files from the card to your computer is exactly the same process. Then, I erase all of the files using the computer. You can find a suitable card reader at a store like Staples or Best Buy, etc..
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote