Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 21, 2005, 3:48 PM   #1

Hi there:

I've had digital cameras for 4 years now and my boss knew about it, so when he (recently) bought a Fuji finepix A350, he came home to ask me how to use it, which I did.

Now he is calling me almost everyday asking for diferent stuff, so now I am desperate because most of the time I don't have the answer (I have never had a FUJI). The problem is my boss does not read or speak English and the only Reference Manual with his camera was in English.

So my question for you guys is: Where or how can I get a Reference Manual IN SPANISH? I would like to get him a hardcopy of it, but also I would be happy if I can find it on a website so my boss can read it, print it, or whatever he wants.

I been loocking for it,but so far I haven't found one dowloadable in order to translate it into Spanish.

Muchas Gracias Guys!!
okmelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2005, 4:54 PM   #2
rds

Here's the brochure:

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...cucatid=664272

And here's the website for Fuji Spain: http://www.fujifilm.es/ There's a section on the A350, but my spanish isn't good enough to tell if there's a manual or not (if I'm not ordering a cold beer, it's beyond my spanish :lol: )

Hope this points you in the right direction, at least.
rds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:04 PM   #3

Hello rds:

First of all thank you very much for your real quick answer .

That was part of my weekend nightmare. I visited my boss, did a little research on his daughter's PC and found precisely this site. To download and/or read the broshure, Adobe reader was required:?. I did the download and installation so we could see the broshure. Unfortunately is general information, no instructions.

The Spanish fuji Webpage is really bad. Just shows you the first page and none of the bottons or linksworks really. I'm not happy to say it, but it's jusk a mask.

I downloaded the English manual too,in order to translate it into spanish but I don't know how to do it for a pdf file :angry:. I've done it before with Word files, not in Acrobat. So at that point last weekend,I could't tell if I was getting better or worst with my boss'd problem.

But again, it's refreshing to have a quick answer like yours. Thank you very much.

Melvin
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:55 PM   #4
rds

Did the spanish site have an email address? Email them and ask them. Or go to a local camera shop (I'm assuming you're in a part of the world where spanish is the first language). They should be able to help you out.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 8:04 AM   #5

Hello again RDS:

One more time, thanks for your help. Believe or not, I live in Boston, MA.

Yesterday night, I checked again the FUJI Spanish webpage and it was working fine. However, they don't show the Manual but just the brochure. At the same time, I wrote them an e-mail asking information about the same topic, so now I am waiting for their answer;wish me luck.

Take care of yourself and have a nice day RDS.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 5:20 PM   #6
rds

Worst Case Scenario: If you've got plenty of time and patience on your hands you could download the manual in English (I think you've mentioned that you already did this), copy it all and paste into Word, then translate. Will take a VERRRY LOOOOONG time, but I'm sure your boss would appreciate it, hopefully at promotion/raise time:G
Old Jun 22, 2005, 7:48 PM   #7

Yes, maybe WORD could be an option, thank you. As a matter of fact I think that could be the only way out. The problem, as you said, is the looooong time it would take; on the other side, my boss is a good person but not goooood enough.

Anyway, who reads a manual nowadays? what I was trying to avoid is the frequent and repetitive questions :sleep:about a camera I don't own or have; but at this point I think I've done enough and I think I won't find the Manual anyway.

So rds, again, thanks a lot for your help and time.

Melvin