Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 25, 2005, 11:54 AM   #11

Glad to see that you finally got the camera. I know you're having a frustrating time waiting for Dell to ship it. I really enjoy using my 5100. I was a little frustrated with it at first because it seemed to be a little more difficult to get a good clear image. My suggestion to you would be to experiment with all the different shooting modes and find the ones that work best for you. It really is a great little camera. We went to Alaska about three weeks ago. We were leaving on a chartered flight over Mount McKinley, and between all the cameras we had with us, we only had one set of batteries left that were charged. I told my son-in-law to go ahead and put them in his Canon camera, but he said my Fuji to better pictures so we took it instead.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 12:49 PM   #12

well ill play around with it and figure out how to use the settings. Ive never tried different settings on any camera before so its all new to me. Im waiting on my 256 meg card it only came with a 16 meg card so can only take about 15 pics. Just wish i could get the software to automatically pop up and download the pics.
sincerecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 1:17 PM   #13

Sorry, but I really don't know what to tell you on that score. It is my understanding that the software that comes with the camera is supposed to do that. But I have not be installed it. I initially started out using the software that is downloadable from Kodak EasyShare. It seemed to work very well with my camera. But then I started using one of those little USB flash drives, and if that drive and a JPEG image on it the downloader would start, and I didn't like that so I have disabled all of them. I also bought a card reader that came with software, and it started automatically. But I just didn't like having to keep closing programs that I didn't want the running at the time. If you want that kind of automation, you might consider removing the software and then install it again and see if you possibly missed an option. There also might be a setting in the preferences that would help you. I don't know, because I haven't installed the FinePix Viewer software.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 1:25 PM   #14

well i uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times same problem. I have the kodak software i used with my kodak camera will that also work with this one?
Old Jun 25, 2005, 3:30 PM   #15

Dunno. I don't know what the software is or how it is configured. The software I referred to visit program that I downloaded from Ofoto (now called Kodak EasyShare), and it was more of a generic program that seemed to recognize a number of different cameras. If the software you have came with your Kodak camera, it may not be compatible with the new Fuji. So, is the software you are trying to use the FinePix Viewer software that came bundled with to camera?
Old Jun 25, 2005, 3:35 PM   #16

yes im trying to use the finepics software that came with the camera, it said that as soon as i plug in the camera and turn it on a pop up window will come up to get the pics but nothing comes up i saw on this site a while back someone else had that problem but dont remember what people told him to do. My kodak easy share doesnt seem to recognize my fuji camera. Guess ill just have to get the pics the manual way lol
Old Jun 25, 2005, 4:38 PM   #17

Well, I stand corrected on a couple statements that I made. First of all, I DID install the software. I have used it to look at a few images, but I haven't taken the time to use it very much. I spend most of my time in Photoshop. The software doesn't provide an automatic downloading feature. If you click on Help, and open the help files and go to page 19-20, it will give you the download procedure that they have provided.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 4:22 PM   #18

well for some reason the fuji software started working now lol so now a box automatically pops up for me to choose the pics
Old Jun 26, 2005, 8:42 PM   #19

OK Cowboy, what did you do to make it work?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 11:49 PM   #20

well i have no idea lol but now it wont work again have no idea what is going on . But ive been taking a lot of pics with the camera some at full zoom and im doing pretty good i think for being a rookie with the camera