Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 26, 2005, 11:55 PM   #21

cowboy,

I have had an S5100 now for a few months and really like it, but I have to manually get my photos also. In fact, I have forgotten about it, but need to try to get it to work, as it would be a lot easier. Rennie, would use of a card reader alleviate this?
St.Barnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 7:03 AM   #22

I had similar problems with the Fuji software after I installed the Windows XP service pack. I reinstalled the Fuji software and it has worked fine since.

Bill
labirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 1:55 PM   #23

I just tried it again, and mine works now. After reading the last post, I remembered that I just downloaded msn updates in the last day or two. Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not, because I have not tried to upload pics for a few wks. Anyway, mine is working now.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 4:15 PM   #24

a screensaver will keep the finepix software from starting. I would also uninstall the kodak software as there may be a conflict. Nowwith that is out of the way here is what u need to do to fix this problem.

double clik on my computer icon and your drives will popup. Determine which letter is the xd card reader, In my case it is drive I:

Right clik on the drive and select properties

Clik on the autoplay tab

Select pictures in the top box

clik on select an action to perform

Now clik on finepix viewer and then clik OK do not clik apply

It should now start correctly
Bucksnort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 5:54 PM   #25

You're killin' me!!! Listen...It doesn't matter whether you have installed FinePix Viewer or not...if you are running Windows XP on your computer, whether or not you have installed Service Pack 1 or 2, and you plug a Fuji FinePix S5100 camera into your computer via a USB cable (assuming you have pictures saved to your xD card inside the camera, and your computer knows what a .JPG is) you should get a popup window, offering you choices such as 'copy pictures to a folder on my computer', 'view a slideshow of the images', 'print the pictures', 'view pictures on removable media', 'open folder to view files', and (if you have installed it) 'viewing images using FinePixViewer'.

You don't have to use a card reader, you don't have to use Windows Explorer, you don't have to click on My Computer...

I took my camera to work today, and plugged it into 6 different computers (all running Windows XP), and a popup window appeared on all 6 computers. If you're not getting a popup, there's something wrong with your computer - this 'now it works, now it doesn't stuff' is driving me crazy! What do you people do to your computers?

Humor me - if you haven't been getting popups on your computer...reboot your computer...plug in your camera (don't start any programs) - make sure you have at least one picture on your xD card - if you don't, take a picture...wait for about 15 seconds...come back to this board and let me know whether or not you got a popup.

I'd like to try and figure this out before I go insane.

Thanks,
the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 7:34 PM   #26

Rennie, cool off. Take a xanax or something. I KNOW it is the computer and not the camera or finepix viewer. However, it is easier knowing it is the computer than fixing the problem. Fortunately for me, mine is working now. When initially was installed, I called some tech help, but couldn't seem to get it to work right, but could manually get the pics. I do think it was fixed in the windows or service pak update, but not sure. Anyway, just glad it is working now.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 9:40 PM   #27

Whoa Cowboy!,,, If you have windows XP you just put the camera in usb mode, and plug in the usb cable to your computer,,, a box will pop up!,,, If you install the Fugi software, it will only confuse the computer, and it won't work.

On my old computer with windows ME, NOTHINGwould work, so I just bought a cheap walmart multi-card reader (Stratitec) and it did the trick.
MikDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:04 PM   #28

hey thanks ill try that. It worked a few times then all the sudden it quit but ill give that a try
sincerecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:15 PM   #29

In my opinion, it's too bad that you're letting such a trivial matter dominate what you're doing. On my computer, sometimes some of these wonderful automatic features work, and sometimes they don't. Personally, I would rather be taking pictures and working on them. If the automatic thing works when it's supposed to, wonderful, I let it do its thing. If it doesn't work, no big deal! I do things manually and get on with the important stuff. It just isn't worth all the bother. Really! It just isn't.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:24 PM   #30

well i just tied to do a ideo with the camera and when i play it on the computer the video kind jerks like its stopping and startin and the voice cuts out. I put a new 256 meg card in it and only did about 20 seconds of video. I tried it twwice same thing any ideas whats wrong?
sincerecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote