Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 27, 2005, 11:39 PM   #31

well i got it figured out lol it plays back good on the camera, after i went ahead and moved it to a folder on my computer it worked fine, i was playing it without actually putting it on the computer
sincerecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 11:41 PM   #32

oh yeah here is a pic i took out in the country with the S5100 then after i took this pic i zoomed the lake up full zoom and was amazed how close the lake becamse
Attached Images

Old Jun 27, 2005, 11:44 PM   #33

Sorry, sincerecowboy, I'm not going to follow along with you anymore. Anyone who is serious about doing video should get a separate video camera. There are so many variables that you just cannot imagine. I don't know how much RAM you have in your computer. It takes a lot to work with video. Are you sure your camera is set to NTSC and not PAL? What software are you trying to play the video with? You are just going to have to experiment with the camera, unless you are trying to convince yourself that it's broken, in which case you had just better box it up and send it back and try something different. Don't even know if the video feature works on my 5100. If I'm going to shoot video, I'll use my video camera so that I can zoom if I want to. See ya later.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 4:50 AM   #34

This is the problem with today's society...if something doesn't work the way it's supposed to, find a workaround. If the pictures don't upload, buy a card reader...if the video doesn't work, buy a camcorder...if you don't agree with me, I'm going to talk to someone else.

I entered this thread to help the cowboy solve what appeared to be a computer problem. I was surprised to see how many people just accept their computers working properly - sometimes. If your computer doesn't do what its supposed, there's something wrong with it - fix it. Your computers are probably infested with spyware, malware, and scumware and you don't even know it - or care.

I can accept how installing one of the SP's from MS could really mess up your installed software. I can accept Windows ME having problems recognizing hardware, although I'm surprised it recognized a card reader.

Anyway, cowboy you seemed to haved the video problem. I'm not sure why the popups aren't working on your computer, but if that's OK with you, peace.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 11:24 AM   #35

Well, after sleeping on it, I have decided that we are being a little bit unfair to the cowboy. Using a camera, any camera, requires a little bit of becoming accustomed to it. It's easy to think something is wrong with the camera when first attempts to turn out exactly the way we expect them to. But that is the challenge of becoming a photographer. We see things differently than the camera does, and because of that it is necessary for us to train ourselves. For instance, I remember when I first started taking pictures I would frame the subject the way I thought I wanted it to appear in the picture and just snap it. When the pictures came back I was always disappointed because the subject took up such a small amount of the space. I would look through the viewfinder, and the only thing I would see with my eye was the subject. It took a lot of practice on my part to learn to see the whole frame. That is just one example. Sincerecowboy, just take a deep breath, and take some time to learn what the camera is all about, and to learn what works best for you. The nice thing about digital photography is that it doesn't cost you film and processing to experiment.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 11:24 AM   #36

Cowboy, I noticed the same thing the first time I played the video off the XD card on my computer, and also found out it plays fine once downloaded onto the computer. You will notice this camera takes excellent low light video also, much better then the noisey Canon S1 I experimented with.
MikDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 6:26 PM   #37

awww well ty lol yeah i guess im a little impatient on the camera, just got it in friday and havent had much time to play with it. Ive never done any photographs other than with an instamatic so ive got a lot to learn i guess but hopefully it wont take me to long , im always pretty good at figuring things out. Also there is always all these nice people in this forum to answer my questions hee hee
Old Jun 28, 2005, 6:31 PM   #38

well, i uninstalled the fuji software and let windows detect it, i just still have to go to my computer and then click on the camera drive to get the pics but that will do i guess, was hoping i could get the software to automatically detect it and download the pics but the other way really isnt a probllem so i guess ill just use it. thanks everyone for all the help its very much appreciated. Oh yeah here is a pic i took the other day, my cousin and i go bear hunting every year. He stuffs the bears
Attached Images

Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:19 PM   #39

Might want to check this out from fuji's site:

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...cucatid=664276
Bucksnort is offline   Reply With Quote