Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 24, 2005, 6:59 PM   #1

the computer recognizes the camera but no software pops up for me to get the pics. I installed the software just like it said and the computer detects the camera when i turn it on but nothing pops up on the computer for me to get the pics.
sincerecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 24, 2005, 9:06 PM   #2

Cowboy,

Do you have Windows XP on your computer? If you're using an older version of windows, you may need a driver.

When you say the computer detects the camera, what do you mean? How do you know this? Do you get a popup window?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 9:12 PM   #3

If you know how to use Windows Explorer, your camera will be listed as a disk drive (I think) in the left hand panel of Explorer. Click on the little plus symbol to reveal the different folders. You will eventually get to the folder where the pictures are stored. All you have to do is highlight all of the pictures, and then drag them to a folder on your computer. Then, highlight the images in the camera again and press the delete key to clean them off from the card in the camera. If these instructions were confusing, feel free to ask more questions. I will check back in a little while.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 10:40 PM   #4

i use windows xp it said that when i turn the camera on a box should pop on but nothing happens. When i turn the camera on i hear a sound on the computer and an icon appears on the taskbar, when i click on it it says to uninstall usb device help lol
Old Jun 24, 2005, 10:42 PM   #5

hello thanks for the rply. I use windows xp, and the instructions said that when i turn the camera on a box should pop up but it doesnt. Ive uninstalled the software and reinstalled it same problem
Old Jun 24, 2005, 11:17 PM   #6

At the risk of being too basic in my attempt to help you, I will suggest a few things for you to try. Forgive me if you have already done these. First of all, your camera has two positions on the "on/off" switch. The second position is where you turn it when you want to take pictures. The first position is the one you turn it to after you have connected it to your computer and want to download your pictures. In your setup menus in your camera, you have to make sure that it is set to USB mode. When I received my camera it was already set to that. So unless you have changed your settings that shouldn't be a problem.

Open Windows Explorer. Connect your camera to your computer and then turn the camera on. Does the camera show up as a disk drive or some other device in the left-hand panel? You should be able to see those images in Windows Explorer if everything is working properly.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 12:12 AM   #7

I might add that nothing "pop up" to prompt you to download your pictures if you use the method I am describing. I don't like to rely on that type of automation. For me, it is just simpler to drag the pictures from the camera to a folder on my computer using Windows Explore. I'm shutting down now, but I will check back in the morning.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 7:51 AM   #8

Cowboy,

After you plug your USB cable into the camera and the computer, and you turn the camera 'on', the LCD on the camera should display a screen with a large 'USB' in the center. Since you get a 'safely remove hardware' icon on the taskbar, that means the computer knows there is a USB device plugged in. Whether or not you turn the camera to the green 'arrow' position, or the orange 'camera' position shouldn't matter...you should still get a popup. Even if you didn't install the camera software, you should get a popup. I've plugged my camera into several computers that do not have the Fuji software installed, and they all display a popup screen.

This may sound dumb, but do you have pictures on the xD card in your camera? You won't get the popup unless you do. Assuming you have pictures...

Doubleclick on 'My Computer'...is there an icon for a new drive displayed? Mine says "FinePix (G". Doubleclick on the drive icon...do you have a folder called "DCIM"? Double click on the DCIM folder. Do you have another folder called "100_FUJI"? Double click on 100_FUJI...can you see pictures? If you do, the camera is working properly, and the problem is with the computer. You can go to 'Control Panel' to install an imaging device that Windows did not automatically detect.

If everything else fails, try plugging your camera into another computer and see what happens.

Good luck...hey - I want to see some of your pics!

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 8:08 AM   #9

well thank you for all your help. I knew how to get the pics by clicking on my computer, but was wondering why i wasnt getting the pop up box that automatically gets the pics.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 8:12 AM   #10

hello, yes i had some poics on there, i went to my computer and clicked on the fuji icon and got the pics, couldnt figure out why the automatic box wouldnt pop up and get the pics. I had a kodak camera before i got this one and it automatically popped up and downloaded the pics. Thank you for all of your replies and here is one pic i took of my house to try it out. Im gonna try to get some wildlife shots soon. Have a great saturday
Attached Images