Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 5, 2005, 6:55 AM   #1

I AM PLANNING TO BUY F10,BUT I NEED SOME INFO ABOUT THE AUTO MODE.SINCE IT WILL BE USED BY OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS AS WELL,I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT AUTO MODE. DOES FUJI F-10 TAKE "GOOD" PICTURES IN AUTO MODE? THIS IS MY PRIME CONCERN B'COZ ALL PPL IN MY FAMILY WON'T BE COMFORTABLE WITH ITS MANUAL MODE.PLZ HELP ME OUT .I KNOW THERE R MANY F-10 USERS AND I REALLY THINK THAT U CAN HELP ME OUT!!!THX
prit_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2005, 1:47 PM   #2

For 4x6 or 5x7 prints the Fuji F10 Auto mode is really good.

For larger prints I would say it's not perfect because it often goes all the way up to ISO 800 which could result in some noise in your image on an 8x10 print. However, the ISO800 capability could also result in the difference between a blurry photo and a sharp one with another camera.

The critics of the F10 say it isn't good at Auto mode. In my use, I find it is as good as the other compact cameras in Auto mode, but better than the other compacts when you are willing to manually adjust the ISO as needed.

LD500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 12:41 AM   #3

HEY THX LD 500 FOR REPLYING . ACTUALLY I M QUITE CONFUSED BET NIKON 5900 AND FUJI F10.I HAVE USED NIKON 5900 AND IT REALLY TAKES NICE PIC, IN AUTO MODE AS WELL.BUT THE ONLY DISADV IT HAS IS NO MANUAL CONTROL OVER SHUTTER SPEEDS. IF U GIVEN A CHOICE WAT WOULD U PREFER ? AND IS IT EASY TO TAKE PICS WITHOUT OPTICAL VEIWFINDER ? PLZ REPLY ME SO I CAN MAKE MY DEC. AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.THX
prit_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 12:46 PM   #4

I purchased the F10 myself. I liked the feel of the Nikon 7900 (not familiar with the 5900 but assume it's similar), but found it was a bit slow. One of my main goals was to get a faster camera to capture photos of my baby. I also like the 2.5" LCD cameras since I could moreconveniently confirmif someone had their eyes closed and I had to re-shoot the photo.

The other cameras I considered were the Canon SD500 (nice photos, quick, but a bit expensive compared to as-good competition), Casio Z750 (great features, slightly worse image quality, some concerns about reliability).

The F10 allows you to shoot a bit more often without using the flash. I found this really nice with the baby shots because close-up flash photos really aren't natural looking except we all got used to them with these compact cameras.

The F10 also does not allow you any manual control over shutter speeds. It's almost totally Auto. There are a few other negatives to the F10: XD cards which are rare and don't fit as many other devices, a silly little terminal adapter that complicates cable hookup, no optical viewfinder.

I found not having an opticalviewfinder to be no problem. We had our last digital camera for 4 years and I don't recall using the viewfinder once. In fact, even when it was sunny outside and the LCD was washed out, we forgot there was an optical viewfinder. However, to some users the lack of a viewfinder is the end of the world.

The positives of the F10 are very good image quality, a bit more capable at low light shots than other compact cameras, very low shutter lag after focused, long battery life. I also like the fact that it's slightly thicker which gives me a more stable grip.

Overall, I think the major positives of the F10 are big, the negatives are mainly picky issues for my use. You can decide for yourself.

LD500 is offline   Reply With Quote