Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 9, 2003, 10:51 AM   #1

Default Compact Flash

Hi All
Can i have some views of Compact Flash?
Is it much better than Smart Media?

I aim to get a camera that supports both (Fuji S602) and i want to know which to go for.

Many thanks in advance.
chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2003, 5:43 PM   #2

If you want to use movie mode on a 602, don't risk CF, it probably won't work well, it's disclaimed in the manual. Haven't had probs shooting stills, but not tried shooting big pic files in continuous shot mode on a CF. SM any vendor, cheapest, always works well, but max size is 128Mb (100 pics at 3Mpix Fine).

You can keep both SM and CF in the cam. I use 128Mb SM, but keep a small 32Mb CF in the second slot. Handy if you left the SM at home in the reader, or fill up the SM and need the next shot in a hurry.

For serious big file stuff, microdrive is the way to go.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2003, 9:36 AM   #3

I too have a 602 and I use a 256 PNY CF card with no problems. I selected CF over SM because of its capacity. As far as the “Movie Mode” goes I have only used it once and recorded to the CF card with no problems. I did buy this camera for photographs and not movies. Keep in mind a 3 mp picture can take a lot of file space and with the Smart Media card you are limited to a 128mb card size. This is not a problem if you download to your PC often but if you take a long vacation and shoot lots of pictures the CF card might just be the best choice. The best thing about the 602 is you can use both. Enjoy your 602, I do.
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2003, 11:17 AM   #4

Checkout microdrives price per Mb. Great for the long vacation!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote