Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 9, 2005, 3:00 PM   #1

Hi,I have recently encountered a very discouraging problem with my Finepix F401 camera. I have owned this camera for close to three years now, it has been great to me and has never given me any problems. Over the last month or so, though, the controls have started to give me problems, they have become less responsive. I tried using the camera the other day, and few of the controls now respond - the Menu/OK button and DISP do not respond when pressed, the different flashes cannot be accessed, problems accessing menus, viewing pictures, etc. The camera can still take photos fine, as it usually did, but its not very useful when I cannot delete photos, change settings, etc. I have never encountered such a problem before - has anyone ever encountered a similar problem? What is the best way to deal with this? I am going to take it to a service center on Monday, but I hope that the repair costs are not so excessive to make it impractical. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
mikesimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2005, 3:11 PM   #2

I have the same problem with my F401 camera. My buttons have got to the point where I cannot even take a picture. What did you find out about servicing the camera? I am wondering if there is a off gas that comes from charging the batteries that is messing up the buttons. I am in the same boat as far as repair costs. Does anyone have a service manual on repairing the camera? Thanks!!
j-schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote