Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:45 AM   #21
Lam

Another Photos..... Sky Shoot...
Attached Images

Lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 9:10 AM   #22

my 602zoom just after one year oldalso developed the problems of blotches on the photos and i got round it by using picture editing software but after a couple of months the pictures went totally bad ,,,the pictures came out with no colour other than streaky red and purplely,,, now it was not usable,,, i took the camera to the fuji centre in Bangkok Thailand and had to have a new lens unit with a new ccd,,, the cost was 14000 baht ,in english money it was about 200 quid, (not cheap)

i brought the camera in the UK,,, but now live in thailand,,,

i have since read that other fuji finepix cameras have a fault with the ccd and that a cheaper resin or glue was used and in the heat the resin fails,,,

fujiis offering to change the ccd`s on the faulty cameras but the S602Zoom is not listed,,,,,

i dont understand why because it obviously has the same problem,,,,

now i am reluctant to take the camera out anywhere, and try to keep it cool

just incase this unit is also faulty,,,
jezinasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 9:31 AM   #23

Lam,
with my very first digicam, a Fuji MX 2900, I got a similar spot in the center after about 3 years. In addition I got a very unpleasant dead pixel in the center. In your and my case the spot is too large for a dust spot. I suppose that it is something else, perhaps condensating water.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 9:18 PM   #24

Dustbuster wrote:
Quote:
Baz wrote:
Quote:
Ialso do not consider it to be a 'point & shoot' camera, as it has very many manual modes. Sure it is not an interchangeable lens camera, but does that make it a point & shoot?
I think this is the snobbery of some DSLR users Baz - anything that doesn't screw off the front they distain as 'point & shoot' - so be it - let's humour them. Anyone dealing with the subject honestly knows that a camera like the S602 is not a 'point & shoot' - but indeed does most things that a DSLR does - a true 'point & shoot 'does virtually NOTHING - a digital Instamatic on auto.

But they cause me to digress. My point is that manufactureres KNOW that dust will get into cameras. They all have seals (not 100% hermetic seals!!!!) and these are a partial method to keep dust out. Olympus have a new system that actually DOES keep dust out - so it is possible... it can be done.. not just inadequately patched up. Or are they hoping that the manic trading-up of a lot of photo amateurs means the original owner will be long gone from the camera BEFORE the problem with the seals hits? - Planned obsalescence.

An idiot might say " Buy an Olympus then" - but my point is that I think it is remiss of ANY major manufacturer to sell product which can be ruined though no fault of the user. I loved my S602 - and it's now ruined. I could throw £130 at it and it would be dusted - then what? Another £130 in 6 months time? Should I be dishonest - get it cleaned and sell it to another unsuspecting person?

To me the manufacturers attitude is tantermount to sharp practice - THEY KNOW about this problem & don't address it (except Olympus who are using it as a sales tool). Its in the same ballpark as NASA sending up the Shuttle KNOWING is was fatally flawed! Much less important (of course) but the principle holds.

Gosh, I guess every manufacturer in the world should offer a lifetime warranty on every product they make, that seems to be the conclusion you draw. I read enough about dust issues in the many months that I researched several digicams before buying one that I immediately put an adapter tube and UV filter on my S7000 shortly after it's arrival. This combo stays on my camera at all times except when I take the UV filter off to attach my tcon-17. I think your posts and raving are a bit much in relation to the actual problem, it can be fixed and with care may never occur again, just my opinion.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 9:45 PM   #25
Baz

Hello Clyde.. You may have noticed my post dated 16 July, in this thread regarding my problem with the 602. You will also have seen my post in Nicholas's thread about his command dial problem, where I tell of having the 602 repaired.

It appears it was not a dust problem, but that the black spot was caused by dead pixels, requiring replacement of the sensor at a cost of $250.

Like you I have used an adaptor tube & filter on the camera since new, but it didn't help as this was a sensor problem, rather than dust.

Best wishes Clyde. The 7000 sensor could be better than the 602 one.

Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 4:49 AM   #26

Did you ever get get any resolution re the problem of dust with the FUJI camera??* I also have a 602 z and it suffers with the black blotch problem...damn thingRon BeggOcean [email protected]
ronaldbegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 6:28 PM   #27

I'm wondering if you got your camera fixed? Did the cleaning work?

andreamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 9:53 PM   #28

I have been quoted A$200 for a repair of dust on the lens, does this seem reasonable, bearing in mind according to the camera shop I would have to spend $A 800 for an equivalent cameraRon Begg, Ocean Grove, Australia
Attached Images

ronaldbegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:44 AM   #29

Clyde Atkinson,

They in fact DO have a (very limited) lifetime warranty under the laws of every civilized country:

".........merchantability and fitness for the intended purpose"

When actually taken to small claims court you would be surprised how quickly the product gets repaired/replaced.

lol, John

bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote