Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 19, 2005, 1:04 PM   #1
Smi

Ohyes, another possible problem with my E550. So far I've had the white moire stripes, sent back, got a new one, this time I have a dirty CCD, apparently, and also...well, I've been looking through all 157 photos I took on holiday in Paxos and...well, none of them really seem to be in focus. Not massively out, but noticeably, and unfortunately, the program I use isnt good enough to correct. Thing is, they looked GREAT and on the LCD but now look merely average.

Is this a problem with the way Im taking my photos, or is it the cameras autofocus screwing up?

Even some of the ones I took with a tripod are slightly blurred.

Any thoughts?
Smi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2005, 7:43 PM   #2

Sounds like camera movement. Are you giving the auto focus a chance to work? If you bring the camera up and shot, the focus may still be in progress. When the camera records the image, it could be while you're moving the camera. Half-button the release to lock focus and settings then squeeeeeeze the "trigger".

Check the camera's focus method. You may want to make sure it's on Spot and not area or multi.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 12:21 PM   #3
Smi

This is on automode for most of them, and I wait for it to focus before depressing completely. I'll have a check here. the things going back to base to be replaced anyway, because theres dust on the CCD apparently.

also: some were taken with a tripod. not camera shake there.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 12:12 AM   #4

There is a way to reset the camera via the setup menu. Give that a try, and it may fix your focus problems.

Also, the reason I sent my e550 in was dirt on the CCD. I cannot believe how long it is taking Fuji do diagnose, fix, and return the camera. They assured me it would be sent out at the end of last week, so I expect to see it mid next week.

I wonder if Fuji quality control is going downhill? I already know that their servicing is slow, and local service choice is very limited, over 100 miles for me. The CCD was dirty when I received the camera, so because of their insufficien quality control, us consumers have to suffer. I really hate to see this happen in a company that makes great products for a reasonable price. I really do love my camera, but I can't take many issues before I move on to another manufacturer.
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 7:28 AM   #5
Smi

I have the dirty CCD too, but I've sent it back to the retailer for another (this'll be the third) replacement camera. this time is last chance. if this one breaks, Im changing company, fujifilm will have a letter, and there'll be 128mb xD cards up for sale