Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 19, 2005, 8:19 PM   #91

Not to throw water on the party, but in addition to the Pana Z30, there may be some other products coming from other makers that have not made any news releases...a possible replacement for the KM-A200 comes to mind, maybe an upgrade to the Nikon CP8800 (one reviewer, don't remember who, stated that Nikon did not live up to its rep and could easily improve this camera), and Olympus may have something to replace the 8080 Wide Zoom (on the dSLR side, speculation abounds for an E1 and E300 upgrade, to the mythical E2 and E500)...

Considering that a news release in Sep/Oct for a Xmas release may be right around the corner (I received a Xmas catalog in the mail today...and it's not even Labor Day...:roll::roll

These may compete well with the Fuji S9000...
marsha7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 11:45 AM   #92

Marsha7

There is no doubt that there will be other new cameras before Christmas however there are still some points for the Fuji:

- better ISO range than the Panasonic or Kodak

- longer zoom range than the Kodak

- uses AA batteries so replacement NiMH are inexpensive and alkalineis usable in a pinch.

- with the concentration on the budget DSLR market, many of the big name camera manufacturers may ignore this market altogether, remember that many people will by the present Nikon and Canon models simply because they have Nikon or Canon printed on the body, ignoring models which may be better cameras but do not have the brand recognition (or snob factor). A prime example of this is the number of people who bought the Leica Digilux 2 instead of the far less expensive Panasonic of nearly identical specification.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 4:53 PM   #93

If you go to the link below, you can download some sample images taken by a 9000/9500. To get the images I had to click on the small one and let it load in my browser, then right click on that big image and download it to my computer. I was really impressed with the images up to ISO 800. The ISO 1600 isn't bad, but it might be a little more noisy than some of you have been expecting.

http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/digital/ca...hp&flash=7
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 5:14 PM   #94

I discovered 2 websites in Holland who are offering the camera already, well, they can't deliver yet, but they do give a sellingprice!
649 euro and the cheapest was 579 euro!
proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 5:37 PM   #95

You mention 2 interesting prices in NL but not the URLs :blah:

Could you please mention these 2 links please? :?

Thanks in advance
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 3:38 AM   #96

http://www.fotoquelle.nl/ <-- 649 euro

http://www.koopdigitaal.nl <-- 579 euro
Old Aug 24, 2005, 3:42 AM   #97

Plenty of samples of the s9000 under:

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/re...8/22/2123.html

Some of them look really neat, while others seem to be slightly blurry (especially on the right half of the image - preproduction fault?).

Quite honestly, I'm perfectly satisfied with the image quality of some of these pics. Interestingly, they exceed the quality of the official Fuji samples. But then again, Fuji is renowned for poor samples...

btw: contrary to the chinese link I previously posted, this site is fast!

enjoy,

nymano.

nymano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 3:46 AM   #98

Thanks Proton, as I can easily buy from £ or € zone (whatever cheapest)

Cheapest price in the UK is £450 or €660

http://www.mx2.co.uk/default.asp?part=S9500
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 5:32 AM   #99

Nice samples! Mind: some photo's have blurred parts, but remember that some of those are zoomed in and have small DOF.

I like the results, specially the iso800 and iso1600 pics show noise and looks like internal noise reduction. but iso800 gives less noise reduction than the iso400 pics which I make with my HP735! I would have to resize the iso1600 pics but it's quite possible that even those have less noise than my 'old' camera. I'm not disappointed with the results. The S9000 still stays favourite. I'll hope to buy it, the moment it arrives in the shops!

nymano wrote:
Quote:
Plenty of samples of the s9000 under:

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/re...8/22/2123.html

Some of them look really neat, while others seem to be slightly blurry (especially on the right half of the image - preproduction fault?).

Quite honestly, I'm perfectly satisfied with the image quality of some of these pics. Interestingly, they exceed the quality of the official Fuji samples. But then again, Fuji is renowned for poor samples...

btw: contrary to the chinese link I previously posted, this site is fast!

enjoy,

nymano.

Old Aug 24, 2005, 12:21 PM   #100

Well...I decided to do something different. I just ordered a Minolta A200. I have seen many many good even great pictures from this camera here at Steve's. It looks like it will fit my needs just fine and it is in stock and much cheaper than the S9000.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote