Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 8, 2005, 2:22 AM   #151

Hi, You might like to check out Nicholas' new thread on the subject of add-ons : http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=16
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 4:18 PM   #152

though I could not find the connection on any photo of the camera, I read that you can connect an external flash to the cam with a cable. If that is true, then I could use my old flash (one of those large standing up models). That would be great because that flash is quite strong. (32)
proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 4:42 PM   #153

This is a quote from that "hands-on" review that was posted the other day. It is the caption from under one of the pictures describing the flash features:

The Fujifilm FinePix S9500 is equipped with a hot-shoe thus creating the option for an external flash for those who like to have more flash power. Synchronized shutter speeds up to 1/1000 sec. can be used. The built-in flash has to be closed, white balance set to auto or custom white balance, mount the external flash and you are ready to roll. It's also possible to attach an external flash with a synchronizing terminal cord via the connection at the front of the camera. Available photography modes are: P, S, A and M, recommended are A or M.

I just checked the owner's manual (it can be downloaded from the Fuji website now). The external flash terminal is on the other side of the lens barrel, between the barrel and the hand grip.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 6:57 PM   #154

Here it is:

BTW: It is interesting to note that a good quality DSLR lens with the range of the S9000's lens would cost almost as much as the S9000, without a camera body!!
Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 11:24 PM   #155

That puts a lot into perspective. Out of interest, it looks like the critical views of the 9000 on the DPReview forum are softening with practical use of the camera. Feeling I'm getting is that there is an almost begrudging "well its not so bad after all considering what you pay for it" sentiment setting in.I'm still really set on getting one based on my experience with the 5100 and the positive comment of this forum!
Old Sep 9, 2005, 2:17 AM   #156

Okay here goes folks. Just returned, sporting my new 9500,from our local outdoor market. Weather cloudy bright. Forget digicams that take 3/4/5 secs to start-up. Switch-on the 9500 and by the time you get it up to eye, it's ready and waiting.

Manual zoom WOW and auto AF bang you.ve got it. I used 400iso/asa and ran acouple of A3s outta my 1290. The wow factor was there.

I had a 300d, which was a damned bother. One body and 3 lenses. Egypt holiday. Clean the CMOS every nite. Sold that bought Nikon 8800, thinking all in one GREAT. Forget it. Over 50iso you could walk thro' the grain, and the handling was lousy.

Back to the 9500. That zoom., Smooth as silk. WOT I really like is the speed at which you can take a shot. It was like having one of my old EOS film cameras around my neck. You see a shot, upto eye, zoom, shoot. Saturday I'm at a wedding. I'll use my 7000s. I'll not take a chance with an untried camera,but I'll use the 9500 whenever. Sunday going to view a bike race. That's going to be a real test. The results at 400iso are really great. To say I am suprised would be to bandy with words. Incidently the 9500 looks like a real camera. While at the market I had a smartarse remark,"about time you came outta the dark ages and went digital". Yeeks he had a match box type camera. Did I feel smug.
carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 3:19 AM   #157

Yes, that is what interests me also in this camera. The speed! I just got a mail from my local shop, they just had a call from Fuji-Holland and expect the camera here in the low-countries 1 week to 10 days from now, hardly can wait!

Thanks monza76 for that photo! It looks like the flash-terminal point is covered with something? I hope that the connection will be the same as on that flash-unit I have. Would save me quite some money if I don't have to buy a new flash.
proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 3:19 AM   #158

Thanks Carlton, I'm even more hungry to get mine! Have you tried out the super makro yet - really keen to hear your comment if you get the chance.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 5:24 AM   #159

Hi Y'all

I hope Adobe get a move on and get the 9500 into its CS raw. Also RAWshooter.

Anyone know of a Half-way decent converter for the 9500. I haven't tried the Fuji added LE yet. Any coments on this bundled converter anyone ?

Anyway I'm off to take some internals at RIPON Cathedral, using 1600 (without flash). Let you know when I return. My GOODNESS I love this camera. It's like having a 19yr old long legged, high breasted, blonde haired SWEDISH lovely at hand. I can't stop fondling it. I hope I didn't hurt antones feelings by my last remark. After all I am a 73yr old ex-pro fotac with a dirty mind. 50yrs a pro and i've waited all that time for this camera. Would you believe I once used a plate camera. Canon cameras were my favourite tools, all gone thank GOD. Since, I've used Fuji 6900, fuji s7000,canon pro1, Minolta A2 and Nikon 8800. Best of the lot, shooting-wise The fuji s7000. I still make a dollar with my two s7000, weddings etc. The best about Digital, you decide what sort of picture you want. NOT some D&P house.
carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 9:44 AM   #160

Carlton,

Are you certain that you cannot open those raw files in Adobe Camera Raw? My Fuji 5100 isn't on the list, but I'm able to open my raw images. And I just skimmed a review of the new Fuji S3 SLR, and the reviewer said that he had opened his raw images with Photoshop CS. So I'm just wondering if you have actually tried yet.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote