Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 17, 2005, 4:58 AM   #251

On dcresource you can see sample pics.

Need more high ISO pics!
shutterbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 8:55 AM   #252

Hi,

I checked out the s9000 pics posted on dcresource. To much purple!!! The compact f10 seems better. As well diferences between lighted and darken areas are to high. Ok. this isn't a slr and it has verry big zoom lens.

I wait to see more but I'm a little dissapointed. Let's wait for the pros of the camera.

PS: I looked on the pconline.com site given here as a sample site just days ago.

The exif is showing that all pictures have been processed through acdsee and some shoots arestrangely taken. there is a macro mode used for a landscape.
aenhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 10:14 AM   #253

Ira:

It looks like you have to go to the set up menue to switch between Xd and CF.

The only reason I know this is I down loaded the manual.

I have been watching this post closely because I am thinking about the S9000 also.

I have two Fuji cameras right now. The E550 and 2800Z, love them both.

Kevin
KEV61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 11:41 AM   #254

KEV61

That is the same method of switching cards that is used in the S7000, too bad a switch would have been more convenient. That 2800Z is one of the most amazing cameras I have ever seen (my wife Annette has one). The image quality is absolutely fantastic for a 2MP camera, she would not trade it for anything. Only complaint, the EVF and the autofocus go completely blind in low light. The E550 uses the same basic chip as my S7000 but the lower ISO settings available make for sharper, noise free, pictures in good light.

Right now I am on the fence between the S9000 and the Pentax *istDS2, this is such a dificult decision.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 8:56 PM   #255

Ira:

I'm still impressed with the picture quality of the 2800z. This summer I took both cameras to the beach. The pictures I took of my childern printed up real nice on my Canon ip4000. Love this printer also. The low iso on the E550 does allow me to take great shots in good light. The only promblemI have is low light settings. I have learned what I can and can't do with both these cameras in these conditions.

On the subject of the S9000. The thing I like the most is the fixed lens. I work with a gentleman that has the Nikon d70. He has already scratched the mirror while cleaning the sensor. That is my biggest concern about dslr. My first slrswere a Canon T70 and A1 with a bunch of lenses. I thought at one time I wanted to be a profesonal photographer.Now I'm happy taking pictures of the family. The S9000 will allow me to dothis and take itto the next level. I find more joy with digital then with film, because I can take more pictures and get more thatI like. E550 has allowed to use more maunul settings. The S9000 is on the top of my list for the next camera. I hope the best in your search for yours.

Kevin
KEV61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 9:14 PM   #256

Kevin-

I currently have 4 dSLR cameras and I clean them myself with no problems at all because I had a very knowledgeable camera pro teach me, one on one. You must be careful, but it is not difficult at all. Just be knowledgeable, and you will have no problems.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 3:33 AM   #257

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/fu.../gallery.shtml

more examples :-)
proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 3:05 PM   #258

Hi!

My first post in this forum , though I've been reading here alot lately.

I've been interested in a S9000 since the first time I read about it and is waiting eagerly to read the reviews. I saw the pictures from the S9000 and downloaded a couple of them and compared them with the same pictures from Panasonic Fz30. I noted some differences in image quality, mostly in captured details and noise. The S9000 hade much less noise, but the Fz30 showed more details in the pictures. Is the "lack" of details compared the Fz30 due to the S9000s "in-camera" noice reduction? And has anyone els noticed these differences, or is it just me
Finally, how is the S9000 picture-details compared to other similar cameras? the good pics at high ISO seems good, but is it at the cost of details in the picture?

seb80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 3:41 PM   #259

seb80

Good question, the detail lossis probably due to the noise reduction, we need to see some samples of low ISO pics from both cameras (that is the nice thing about Steve's sample pictures, they show the same scenes for comparison). Both cameras should be a big step ahead of the last generation of 8MP cameras.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 5:02 PM   #260

Looks like the price may be starting to come down on the S9000. Found it online for $669. I have no personal experience with the store, so this is not a recommendation of any kind, just passing along the link:
http://www.berger-bros.com/page/BBCVD/PROD/FUJ43870008
B1ue is offline   Reply With Quote