Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 20, 2005, 4:26 PM   #281

I was correct DOF is smaller with macro pix I think and in this case F2.8 was used (I checked the exif info ). I guess that if F11 was used, the corners would have been sharp also because of a larger DOF.

proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 5:48 AM   #282

altis, not available on DABS yet and I have had some problems with DABS before. Quite often the reason they have stuff cheaper is that it comes without fostware bundles etc?!! I bought an NEC Dual Layer DVD Re-writer off them and it came with no software bundle or driver!!! None of which was stated on the listing. When I contacted them (which was a nightmare) they just said that that's how they can sell stuff cheaper and that it's common. Anyway have got mine delivered overnight by Cameras2u.com and it was cheaper than anywhere else online and the highstreet.
benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 8:51 AM   #283

This is my first post here, I read with a lot of interest what you all are writing about the s9000/9500. In the beginning of the posts about the camera someone was upset about the delay of 1 second between taking photos.I missed the reaction on that point from otherpeople who are so lucky to have the s9500 already.

I was having another good look at what Fuji writes about the s9500 on their Dutch website and this is what they say: ,,Within 1,2 seconds the camera is ready for the nextshot.''So, they say itthemselves. That's pretty long, isn't it?I don't believe my s602 is taking so much time to take the next photo. Or '1,2 seconds' justlooks bigger then it is.

http://www.fujifilm.nl/fujifilm_com/...b9add764e16e50

wwwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 11:26 AM   #284

benji wrote:
Quote:
altis, not available on DABS yet and I have had some problems with DABS before
Well mine arrived from Dabs this morning. I paid £302.97 plus delivery and VAT.

I've used Dabs many times before and find them very reasonable. For example, I've had no problems returning stuff when, by accident, I've ordered the wrong thing.

I would suggest that you ordered an OEM drive with no extras. These are useful for system builders don't need umpteen copies of the user manual or piles of spare leads - they just want a good price.
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 11:45 AM   #285

You paid that amount, with VAT? Nice price!
Old Sep 21, 2005, 1:06 PM   #286

I have been testing my S9500 to the extreme! Minimal Chromatic abberation, even when looking through dark green trees at a cloudy but bright white sky! I have even tested it with my 2x2 teleconverter and its sweeter than willy wonka's factory!

Everything about it so far has been great, although the focus ring seems slightly too easy to turn, i would prefere a bit of resistance, but then again im not fighting the borg!...(trekkie fans only)Im happy so far anyway, and i really am a vigorous tester of camera's, im also a pixel peeper too and compared to my S7000 it makes me want to throw it away! (the S7000 that is)

I did some long exposures (30 second)with the lense cap on to check out how many noisy pixels there were, at ISO 80 nothing at all, at ISO 100 nothing at all, at ISO 200 there are a few faint ones but thats only noticable after panning right in, at ISO 400 just slightly more but still only visible close up, at ISO 800 its a bit more pixely with a few hot pixels starting to come in to show, even at 25% zoomed in on my screen. At ISO 1600 it looks like a game of dot to dot although it is still within the acceptable realm!.............im happy so far, i will update again if i find anything bad and post some shots on later.....if i can.
cloud surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 2:25 PM   #287

Hi, I just joined.
After having read this thread I may have some new information. Today a German webpage tested the S9500. You can find the test here:

http://www.digitalkamera.de/Info/News/29/43.htm

In the review say they that the 9500 isn't as perfect as expected but they see it as a very good camera.

I haven't known these things before reading the test:

Flash range only 1.2 to 2.1 meters (can be increased with higher ISO/ASA settings)
Camera can take pictures up to 2.2 frames per second (Fuji says 1.5 fps)
AF-Speed about 0.7 sec, (0.4 sec min , 2.9 sec max)
Some problems with new CF Cards (will probably be changed with a firmware update like they did with other cams)

In general you can they that they mostly complained about the menu and flash features(but redeye works fine). I think as long as the image quality is very good(and this is the case) a can live with these negative points.

Looking forward to get an S9500…
Tommy1986Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 2:28 PM   #288

Great Tommy, thanks for the link, I will read it right away.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 3:38 PM   #289

This thread has provided a great deal of information about the 9000(9500). I would love to test one out myself. I called around town to see if anyone has one none as of yet. I was told by a retailer that it will be into October before they receive the 9000. :shock::?
outhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 3:48 PM   #290

Tommy did you read the whole (paid) review ?My German is not that good but I believe that if you pay 1 Euro you can read the rest ?????
dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote