Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 21, 2005, 5:04 PM   #291

Tommy covered it rather good.

They criticize indeed mostly a) the menu (to much is put to far away), but for everyone who had the s602 or later models there is littledifference,and b) the poor flash and poor possibilities for the external flash (no TTL etc.).

About other things the review is very positive: Fuji is on a lonely hight when you look at the quality of the pictures. The Fuji sensor is better then the bigger sensors from for example Sony. The little noise, even at highISOis called ,,spectacular''. The review is also very positive about thelens and range of the optical zoom.

I paid the euro for the part with the test results in it,and that is pretty much the same story: great, great, great. One thing is interesting: about the dissolution (is that the rightEnglish word?),there is a little bit to little red on 28mm, the color balance on 98mm is perfect and on 300 zoom there is clearly to much blue.

They call the s9500 at the end a ,,convincingly professional''.

wwwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 5:23 PM   #292

I agree completely with Ira. I am an old Minolta hand, and have been waiting for the 5d to come out. The 7d is very nice, but had a ridiculous price. Then I saw an ad dfor the S9000 andthe specslooked pretty good and the reviews were good too. So I jumped on one. The salesman where I bought it knew I was a Minolta guy and broke the bad news that Minolta is no longer selling ANY cameras in Canada! So that made the S9000 purchase a real no-brainer. My Minolta AF lenes only do 28-200, and even my manual lenes only go from 21 to 500, so the 28-300 equivalent should do just fine. I'l post my impressions after I get to use it a bit!

Barry

VE7VIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 5:43 PM   #293

For those who don't like German:

go to

http://www.google.com/language_tools

and enter the url "http://www.digitalkamera.de/Info/News/29/43.htm"

(google only translates 30%, the direct link to google I posted didn't work)

http://reversonet.lycos.de/translatorurl.asp[/url]

(you have to enter the url: "http://www.digitalkamera.de/Info/News/29/43.htm", chose DE-EN and click on the button below then you'll have good general translation of the complete text)

*Hopes this will help*

Tommy1986Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 9:50 PM   #294

I am glad to see that the weaknesses of the S9500 are minor, this camera may be my next purchase, but not for some time. I bought the S7000 last February, near the end of its cycle, it will be next spring (at the earliest) before I purchase another camera and unless something significant comes along the S9000 will be it. I am not that impressed with the specs on the Sony DSC R1, too many limitations for the price. I realize that the Zeiss lens and large sensor are big steps forward but I would be giving up too many features for a more expensive camera that (honestly) only offers incremental increases in image quality. Nikon and Canon will probably follow with their own all-in-one large sensor cameras but, if history repeats itself, they will be compromised in order to avoid competing with the far more profitable dSLRs they build.

I also find that , except for the exceptional Konica Minolta A2, Fuji builds the best EVF viewfinder, not as good as an optical reflex system but far better than the other EVFs out there.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2005, 4:47 AM   #295

In the UK, if comparing the current generation (introduced last year)of all-in-one cameras competing with dSLRs, the Fuji S7000 seems more popular than KM Dimage A200, Canon Powershot Pro1, Nikon Coolpix 8800!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...705964-5346860
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2005, 10:41 AM   #296

Quote:

Well mine arrived from Dabs this morning. I paid £302.97 plus delivery and VAT.
Its listed on Dabs as
Fuji FinePix 9500 9mp 10.7oz
£399.99 inc VAT (£340.42 ex VAT)
New product, expected availability on 30/09/2005

How did you manage to get it for £300 or did you? hmmm
tastylambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 10:33 AM   #297

Some sites keep changing the price on the first days of an item.
I saw it for £355 on 21 Sept and for £399 on 22 Sept... http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/phot...quicklinx=3TC8

Old Sep 23, 2005, 2:35 PM   #298

:?have got a 9500 how do i use it???????
styling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 3:26 PM   #299

:idea:If you send it to the address I will give you in a private message, I will read the manual and send back the camera with explanations in 18 months, when the Fuji S10000 with Image stabilization, 15 MP, full-size sensor, 3" LCD rotating in all directions, 1000 shots/second video, 24-400 mm focal range will hit the stores... :?
Old Sep 23, 2005, 3:46 PM   #300

Monza76.

I have a question I've been wanting to ask, but just haven't got around to it.

If you have all that Pentax glass, why are you considering the S9000 over a Pentax DSLR? If I had your glass, I would already have istDS in my hands. I just read on another forum, that the DS with the kit lens, and a 1GB card, can be purchased for $599.00.

Just wondering... I've had my eye on the DS for a month or so now. Might just have to get it at that price.

Greg
New2Fuji is offline   Reply With Quote