Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 27, 2005, 11:52 AM   #321

The shot was taken about 30 cm away, with flash, shutter speed 1/400, iso 80 f 3.9 focal length 29mm.
It's not the nicest composition but is shows you what the internal flash is capable of with sync times of 1/1000.

Attached Images

dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 1:46 PM   #322
AWT

I'll just tack on three 9500 9Mpixel ISO100 shots that illustrate the zoom range as well:

Warning! Broadband advised

http://www.a6c.net/28mm.jpg

http://www.a6c.net/135mm.jpg

http://www.a6c.net/300mm.jpg

AWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 8:00 PM   #323

dijkx,

You are bad, you are mean, you picked a tricky subject to test the S9500 capabilities, I can tell a little bit about you photography level.:-)

You want to be meaner, try this: shoot any purple flowers, portrait in 1/2 or 3/4 length of the subject, some outdoor flowers or a colorful subject shots using ISO 80...anything similar you can think of.

We don't seeall the capabilitiesof the S9000 yet until it hit the U.S. shore in the hands of the good the bad and the ugly.:-)

A knock out shot.. I've seen your other pictures a few days ago, your S9500 in action.

CS.
coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 11:27 PM   #324

Is it just me AWT or are some of the details blown out. When I look at the grass in places it looks somewhat like it was smugged IMOO.
host is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 3:09 AM   #325

did some quick testing yesterday, bit of fooling around without using the manual :G

I like the camera sofar, flash works fine indoors as long as the rooms are not huge. My livingroom is 5 x 5 meters and the flash is strong enough for such a room.

Only made indoor pix sofar, anti-blurr function works great, it was already getting dark when I tried it and it makes a nice picture at iso800 without flash. Ofcourse at iso800 noise kicks in, but if needed, it's quite usable.

Batteries still got juice after fooling around all afternoon. (the original alkaline batteries). Camera is has a nice weight, not too heavy, a lot lighter then my old (metal) camera and my old (metal) SLR.

zoom ring works nice , fast ans smooth, haven't tried out manual focussing yet. fast startup, fast storing of pix.

more later :-)

proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 4:37 AM   #326

Here's a link to some 'test shots' I've done with my newly acquired S9500 (aka S9000) which I'm enjoying without having to lug along several lenses plus worryabout dust when changing lenses, etc.

I especially appreciate the SUPER MACRO facility - it's simply FANTASTIC!

Would love to hear from other S9500/9000 users :-)

http://www.christianphotographers.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10438

ronkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:18 AM   #327

Hi AWT,

Your bee is better than mine. Have you cropped or post processed it?

I did not resize or post processed mine.

As about fuji s9000, yes there are ,,some" shops selling it but not so manny to have the best price as a result of competition.

All the best and good luck.

aenhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 8:15 AM   #328

The Fuji S9000's are shipping now in the USA. Should reach most dealers who have ordered them by Friday or Saturday of this week. Don't think you'll find a shortage if you wish to buy one.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:01 PM   #329
AWT

Hi Aenhim,

Yes it was a 30-40% crop with too much sharpening, looking back:-)
AWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:30 PM   #330

This picture I took today with my new S9500, picture was cropped from the top, made B/W on my PC and resized to a suitable format for computerscreens. ISO80 was used.

http://members.lycos.nl/robbyvalentine/fishingboy2.jpg

PS the picture is 1024 pixels wide, so I used a link and not included the photo itself.

the looking backward boy makes you look in the top left corner wondering what he's looking at. Well, that is what this pic does to me :-)

feel free to comment :-)

Greetz, Freddie
Netherlands

proton is offline   Reply With Quote