Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 1, 2005, 8:14 AM   #381

Regarding the digitalcamerainfo review. This site does an excellent quantitative review, but they try to quantify the qualitative as well, by putting numbers on aspects of a camera which are quite subjective. Rather than just take the numbers at face value, bring up some of their other reviews of cameras you may be familiar with and compare results. For instance the 9MP Fuji ranks a 6.46MP real resolution according to their test software, the 6.1MP Nikon D70 ranks only 4.34MP. On a percentage basis the Nikon is marginally better, but the S9000 is still significantly higher in actual resolution. BTW the S7000 scored 4.73MP at its 6MP setting, beating both of these cameras on percentages (S7000 78%, S9000 71%, Nikon D70 72%)

Also be sure you are comparing apples with apples, the D70 example i did was just to point out that one strength of the S9000. In all other areas of performance compare it to similar digicams. It cannot compete with a DSLR on every level but it handily outperforms most digicams in many important areas.

I know this must sound old by now, but if I didn't have a bag full of Pentax lenses I would have the S9000 at the top of my list.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 8:18 AM   #382

Some good shots being displayed from you guys!

If you want to see some more pics took with the S9500 take a quick look over my online photo album.

Please keep in mind I am not a great photographer and my main interest is just to have fun!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

All, apart from about 2, were took with my S9500.

- Sinny
Sintax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 8:19 AM   #383

I took some shots from this (fast moving) helicopter and the s9500 had no problem focusing and the focusing goes fast.
Attached Images

dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 8:25 AM   #384

I'm also pleasantly surprised by the shutter lag. With my old s5000 this picture (guy jumping out of the helicopter) wouldn't be possible. The camera feels like no shutter lag.
Attached Images

Old Oct 1, 2005, 10:30 AM   #385

dijkx wrote:
Quote:
Not true Wim I'm using a UV filter and the lenscap still fits.
Same here, Got an Marumi UV-Hase filter and the cap still fits..

@ DijkX, that are some neat pictures you got there!!
Good job!
Nefius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 10:44 AM   #386

Sintax

Don't sell yourself short, those images show lots of thought and are well composed. They are definitely well beyond snapshot status, some time with that S9500 and your pictures will be ready for the big time.

Ira

BTW - couldn't resist buying another camera bag, anyone else have that particular affliction? - please if you respond to this do it privately, this thread is busy enough -
Old Oct 1, 2005, 12:40 PM   #387

The great pictures from Dijkx above makes me think about the AF button at the left side of the s9500.

It can be switched toC, Continue. I'm not sure if it really helps focusing, I don't see much difference. Does anyonedid find it useful?
wwwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 3:28 PM   #388

Can't speak for the S9000 but on the S7000 I found it pretty useless except to run down batteries. It was constantly changing focus yet when I press the shutter release it still has to adjust focus???? I use the manual focus with the button alot, especially if I am trying to catch something that is bobbing around at a fixed distance away, like a squirrel or bird. Autofocus will cause me to miss the shot but manually preset I get much better results. Here is a little friend from today with my S7000:

Attached Images

Old Oct 1, 2005, 3:32 PM   #389

Iso 80 4 seconds and F8 everything manual. picture only resized,
The only hard thing about this camera how can you quickly set your cam to infinity ???? is there a easy way to do it ???
Attached Images

Old Oct 1, 2005, 3:39 PM   #390

wwwim wrote:
Quote:
The great pictures from Dijkx above makes me think about the AF button at the left side of the s9500.

It can be switched toC, Continue. I'm not sure if it really helps focusing, I don't see much difference. Does anyonedid find it useful?
When the AF button on the side is used the camera is constantly focusing just like in movie mode.