Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 1, 2005, 3:42 PM   #391

Good question Dijkx. To be honest: I can't even find thehard way to bring the cam to it's max exposure time.

Nice picture by the way.

wwwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 4:27 PM   #392

ISO 800 F2.8 SP 1/54. In the bottom left corner a full crop from a piece of the original picture and next to it a crop after a Neat Image treatment.
Attached Images

dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 9:21 PM   #393

I have a question for you all: I shot some indoor flash portrait shots today, from a range of about 6 feet... and the top portion of the image (I'd say roughly 25%) was a lot darker than the rest, as if the flash were firing downward... Is this normal? Is the internal flash there as eye candy, to be quickly replaced by an external flash, or could it be my camera is defective?
C_Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 9:37 PM   #394

I would try some more test shots to see if the phenomenon is consistent. Is there any chance you were wearing something like a ball cap or something similar that could have forced the flash downward? Also, what shutter speed were you using?
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 2:24 AM   #395

Did you remove the (how is it called in English :?) plastic thing in front of the lens? Not the lens cap, but the "sun-thing" ? It blocks the flash light.
&KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 3:09 AM   #396

I checked a couple of my indoor shots from about the same distance but I don't see a problem in my pictures.
I would go back to the shop and exchange it for an other one. (can you post a problem shot ?)
Old Oct 2, 2005, 4:01 AM   #397

dijkx, what is a Neat Image treatment from? I've not heard of it but it looks pretty effective!
malinstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 5:02 AM   #398

malinstreak schreef:
Quote:
dijkx, what is a Neat Image treatment from? I've not heard of it but it looks pretty effective!

http://www.michaelalmond.com/Articles/noise1.htm
wwwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 5:26 AM   #399

Thanks Wim. I'm using the free version of Neat Image and it works quite well.

Some pictures I shot this weekend, sorry they are only 640*480 but I'm running out of web space.

http://www.dijkx.nl/furiade
Old Oct 2, 2005, 9:58 AM   #400

I have had this thread bookmarked for quite some time now. I've been checking it several times a day to see what y'all had to say about the S9000. I'm currently using the S7000. But after reading everything here, and seeing the great photos from the S9000... As soon as I can get my hands on one (thanks to birthday money from all of my wonderful family!), I'm getting the S9000. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for the great insight on a subject that can sometimes be very overwhelming and misleading if you only look at tech specs. THANKS AND KUDOS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!
MamawB is offline   Reply With Quote