Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 3, 2005, 12:24 PM   #411

Proton:

Really great pictures from the concert! Forget about MTV. I Want My S9000!!! Guess I'm showing my age. I'm so envious of all of you who have them.
MamawB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 12:36 PM   #412

Proton,

I also bought the batteries from the Aldi, very well priced for 2100 mAh , can you believe that the one reviewer believed it was a disadvantage to have NiMH batteries ??? Your photo's turned out great. I discovered that ISO 800 is very useable for printing and certainly after a Neat Image treatment.
Did you see the new review that guy is very very positive about the S9500 !
dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 1:20 PM   #413

I have had nothing but problems with mine so far!

I bought one and on closer inspection the focus was waaaaay off, also all of the shots came out so blue unless i put the white balance on shade/cloudy, also on long exposres there was a huuge blob of multi coloured pixels in the bottom right quater of each shot, it almost looked like light was getting to the sensor. Anyway, i got it replaced and it was amazing, everything was sharp and well coloured until i did a long exposre at night and it had a dam vertical line of what looked like dead pixels in the top right quater of the shot, it was sooo bizarre, and the longer the exposre was, the longer this black line was......i got it replaced today, and guess what......? Well, camera 3 ended up being so darn awful! The colour was waaaay over blue again and the focus was terrible, whites were always blurred and merged into the next colour, almost like i had been taking the shot on a slow shutter speed although it was bright sunshine. I did a 30 second exposure in a darkened room and there was a mass of pixelsin the center right of the shotthat were so intense that it wouldn't even be able to be sorted with photoshop! Im getting another one tomorrow and trying again.......what the heck is going on here?

The other shots are on another computer, if anyone wants to see, let me know and i will post them on here.

cloud surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 2:03 PM   #414

I have been reading on dpreview and it seems there are some bad cameras out right now. Some that have some blurring on the left edge of the lense, some that wont focus. And there are some that are perfect. They are starting to list S/N numbers there to see maybe if an early batch, or just a bad batch of cameras is out there, to maybe track down the problem cameras. This worries me as I am going to Italy at the end of the month and I just sold my 7000. The problem is, since I am in Iraq with KBR, my only chance to get a camera is when I go through Dubai and I wont be able to test it or return it before I head to Italy . . . I am currently cameraless . . . What do I do?

Could you post the S/N's of the camera's, the past 2 and current one so see if they fall inline with some bad ones from dpreview? Maybe I can at least get a set of S/N's to avoid! In fact, could a couple of you with good camera's post your S/N's? (I am not sure if there is any harm in posting S/N's, if there is lemme know, and at least you can have a record in the event your camera is stolen)
djgiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 2:16 PM   #415

Here is the start of the S/N's from dpreview

First one, softness at left edge at 28mm, then at top and top right
> corner.

Serial Number 53A00293

> Second one, wide edge at 28mm, visible at 35mm, even up to 100mm.

Serial Number 53A00041

djgiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 2:45 PM   #416

When I take a picture on 30 sec with the lens cap on it, if find a concentration of white and coloredpixels somewhere in middle, almost at the bottom of the picture, but I have no problem with that. That's all I can find (for the moment :shock.

Serial number 53Q07013

wwwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 2:49 PM   #417

If possible i want to find out who else has the long exposure problems because i use a lot of long exposures for lightning, aurora, meteor showers, and other stuff. My S7000 was really good for this as i ended up using multi exposures to give myself 10 minute exposures, and i expected to be able to do it with the S9500 only with less noise, but noooooo!:sad:
cloud surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 4:56 PM   #418

Macro mode and digital zoom works quite well.
Attached Images

dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 12:08 PM   #419

FUJI SERVICE ADVISORY NOTICE

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0510/05...i_advisory.asp

In the light of some of the concerns expressed on this forum I wonder if one might not be forthcoming for the S9500? I was about to buy but I must admit I'm getting the feeling it might be wise to wait a while to see if there is a wider problem or not?
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 5:32 PM   #420

Hi, I'm new here.

First of all, thanks to all who posted these lots of usefull information here, great thread!

I was planning to get a Panasonic FZ30 first, until I got my hands on one to take a couple of pictures at a local store ... uuuuh:sad: awfully noisy, even at ISO80 (I didn't believe this before ...).

Now I'm after the S9000/9500, which is not available here, yet.

Have some of you seen this review/sample gallery, yet? It's in Thai, but contains a lot of pictures and samples. They've simply put the review in the forum, but it seems to have a 'story' though.

Introduction:
http://www.rpst-digital.org/forum/sh...ge=1&pp=15
Review, first part:
Second part:

Links to a gallery of full-res samples (bottom of the page, slow ...):
http://www.rpst-digital.org/forum/sh...ge=2&pp=15

Maybe a translation engine may help, or does anyone speak Thai?

What do you say?
chip_de is offline   Reply With Quote