Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 9, 2005, 1:54 PM   #461

I have to agree with you, Ira. When I want regular prints, you just can't beat Wal-Mart's price. And they make it so easy with the online upload and pick them up in an hour. But when I'm working on large format prints for hardbound photo books, I still do those myself. Right now I'm using the Epson R1800 (great blues and reds).
MamawB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:07 AM   #462

MamawB, in the light of your comments concerning "furry critters", this one is for you! Also taken from behind glass, I hasten to add.
Attached Images

SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 6:20 AM   #463

Thanks SteveDak!

That's beautiful. These days I'm at the mercy of the natural wildlife that graces my backyard so I don't get to see my beloved tigers anymore. I'll keep my fingers crossed I get to post some bears and panthers for everyone. We get those occasionally. Here are a couple of pictures I took with my S7000. They are taken through the (not too clean )window of my house. We have a herd of about 8 deer that usually stay around our home. This is a set of triplets one of the does had this spring.
Attached Images

Old Oct 10, 2005, 6:23 AM   #464

Here's another one of two of the triplets.
Attached Images

Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:55 PM   #465

I have a question about s9500 pictures at 800 iso printed on a bigger format.

I got some try out prints from 20 by 30 cm back from the shop and I'm adisappointed about the result. Very digital. I will give it another try in a shop with Fuji prints, but still, I'm wondering what others are doing to bring up the result.

I have read herethat Dykx is using Neat Image to remove the digital noise. What about adding some additional noise (Gaussian for example) to give it a more authentic 800 isolook? Please tell me your tips and tricks!

wwwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:02 PM   #466

HI

I have Paintshop Pro 9 ( and now X), and there is a speckle option to add more noise, just as there is a despeckle option to decrease it.

Bestest wishes

Crystin
CrystinJoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 3:47 PM   #467

I have ordered the Raynox DCR 2020 Pro 2.2 teleconverter, it will boost my s9500 to 660mm zoom, with no loss of aperture!

When I get it and tested it, I'll put the results here.

proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 4:49 PM   #468

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am an enthusiastic amateur. My S9000 arrived today just before dusk. I unpacked it and ran outside for a few shots. Then I sat my favorite subject on an old velour bathrobe of my kids and started taking shots. The picture is of Sarie, my very old Pomeranian. She was found as a stray and is estimated to be around 14 years old.

I am hoping that I have not received one of the 9000's that has a problem. Does anyone have a complete list of the symptoms? So far I am very happy with this camera but I have only had it a few hours. I also just recently purchased the Olympus SP-350 and am thrilled with it! Thanks! Donnita
Attached Images

Donnita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 4:56 PM   #469

I am interested in how the Raynox telephoto lens will work on the s9500. I have a Raynox converter lens for my s602z. It works fine, but because of the construction of the camera, the lens is mounted on a tube around the original lens. So, you can not zoom to much back, because then you will see the tube on your pictures.

(At the other hand, one of the reasons to get the s9500 was that I don't want to deal with separated lenses...)
wwwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 8:23 PM   #470

I gotta tell ya, ever since Ira decided on a Pentax dSLR, this topic has become rather quiet...I cannot tell you how much I learned just from his comments from posting...now I can go back to just being dumb again...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
marsha7 is offline   Reply With Quote