Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 12, 2005, 1:27 AM   #501

Hi Try a portrait inthe garden dull weather at 800asa. You will be suprised how good it is. !600asa. forget it unless you're in a nite-club and want that shot.

I have an idea there's some built in Neatimage/noise ninja going on in the FUJi 9500/9000 for the high ASAs.

Wot do you people think.
carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 3:18 AM   #502

My new S9000 just arrived today, the serial no. is 53A5xxxx, but it has no problem as many people have with 53A series. I am happy with the results.

Has any one tried to use the night mode compare with auto mode (all without flash)? I thought the night mode can make the photo brighter, but it is not, the photo is darker with night mode, would any one try it and let me know the result and why the picture is darker in night mode?

Doesany one know how to stamp the date on the photo? I can set the date on it when view the picture on the camera but not when I view or print from the computer.

I also want to purchase a .58mm protection len, can any one tell me where to buy?

Thanks to all.

LSIFS
lsifs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 3:36 AM   #503

Does anybody know if it is possible to do a preview of your taken picture without putting the main slider to the "Play" position??

ofcourse, there is the standard 1.5 preview after you take a picture, but i want to take a quick look at the pictures after that..

Kinda sux that you have to put it in the Play position for that.
Nefius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 5:03 AM   #504

Just out of interest - I note that the Fuji S9000 is the third most "clicked-on" camera on the DPReview site at 2.0%. Canon EOS 350D 1st @ 2.4% & EOS 5D 2nd @ 2.3%.

I can't understand why we still don't have a review for the S9000 on that site or this one, given the obvious interest in the camera. Anybody able to enlighten me?
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 6:45 AM   #505

Well, Fhilnever liked Fuji (all Fuji reviews were done by Simon) and Steve probably didn't get one for testing yet, or it's a matter of "sponsoring" - whichever comes first. =))

x7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 7:56 AM   #506

I don't like alot of things I have to deal with in my profession andnon of them sponsor me, butdeal with them I must!

Thanks 7497 for the edification - still find it baffling though.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 8:15 AM   #507

x7497 wrote:
Quote:
Well, Fhilnever liked Fuji (all Fuji reviews were done by Simon) and Steve probably didn't get one for testing yet, or it's a matter of "sponsoring" - whichever comes first. =))
Well, I notice Phil did the reviews for at least the S3 pro and the S7000. Simon at dpreview has commented that they had an S9500 and the review was in progress. I just looked it up ( http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=15042663 ), and that was 27 days ago. How long he'll take, I don't know, but consider this comment on their news page regarding their Canon EOS-1Ds mkII review:
Quote:
This is one of those epic reviews which has shifted its way up and down our priorities list for the last six months or so, but I'm glad to say it's now complete.
I'm sure the S9X00 review won't be quite as epic as that, but do expect it to be pretty thorough.

Patience, grasshoppers.
pterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 9:42 AM   #508

Maybe, the camera has been returned several times dure to leaft hand blurring???

Tongue in cheek.
Arnold1896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 9:42 AM   #509

Maybe, the camera has been returned several times dure to leaft hand blurring???

Tongue in cheek.
Arnold1896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:58 AM   #510

try shooting raw 1600 iso
adobe camera raw 9MP size
neat image
and crop a 640x480 image from the full resolution

try also at jpeg 1600, same exposure, focus, white balance

i am sure the raw one would be much better cause neat image noise reduction is much more better than the one from the cam
so you should avoid jpeg at high asa cause the noise reduction ruins detail

try it and post 2 crops, one from the jpg and one from the raw one

and also dont neat image jpeg images cause they already have noise reduction (especialy at high iso)
neat image should be aplied to raw ones which have no noise reduction

akaloith is offline   Reply With Quote