Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 20, 2005, 5:01 PM   #541

Press photographer:

We have a monthly newspaper here in our neigbourhood , 6500 copies are pressed each month and it's slowly growing. The newspaper is run by volenteers and contains anything concerning the neigbourhood where I live.
It's a new 'hood' which they started building 8 years ago and won't be finished for years. They asked for an extra photographer and I volenteered and was accepted :-)
Now I can make sometimes pix serving a purpose with my s9500. A nice addition to my hobby I think, since I sometimes run out of idea's of things to make photo's of.
Tomorrow I might have my first assignment. In Holland we have a TV programme where people are helped in finding a house to buy. A few houses are shown and the buyer decides in the programme which house he/she wants. Tomorrow they are filming in a house in our neigbourhood and they asked me to make pix.
I called a contact and she will ask the producer tomorrow if I can make photo's.
I hope it's allowed! If not, then I just will try to make a few pix outside the house. They can't forbid me to do that :-)
proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 2:45 AM   #542

oh noo... no Silvana Simons :?
You better use the flash then, because else we will see a lot of black shapes on the pictures :-)

Well, good luck
Nefius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 4:20 AM   #543

shot without flash which was forbidden because it would turn up on the footage they were filming. With iso800 that was no problem at all...:-)
Attached Images

proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 7:16 AM   #544

Hope you do not mind, but I straightened your picture and tried b&w.

Attached Images

Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 8:57 AM   #545

Proton-

Thanks for posting the nice ISO 800 example photo of the TV crew at work. It shows rather nicely the capabilities of the S-9000/S-9500. Keep on trucking, you're doing great for an old HP user. Just kidding.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 1:22 PM   #546

Hello Speaklightly. Carlton has returned with news on the 9500 front. As you know I was one of the 1st to get my hands on a fuji 9500. I was really made up with the fast start-up and the zoom lens. AAAAAAAAAH but!!!!!! As you may remember I headed of to warmer climes. All the faults of the 9500 soon raised their ugly heads in Australia/ I couldn't believe how long it took for one RAW file to down load to the CF card. !12 to 15secs. And the blank screen. OOOOOH no!!!!. And one thing I realized that Fuji, somehow, had built-in a noise removal thingy. AT 400iso and beyond matters began to appear very PLASTICKY. If you know what I mean. Take a portrait at 800iso see what I mean. Shop window dummy time. I dumped the Fuji in Hong-Kong and replace it with a CANON 350d with a CANON l18-35 and a TAMRON 24 135 lens. Now I have realized if you want great fotos, DSLR is the ony way to go. Incidently you bought, if I remember, a TOKINA 14-200 lens. What's your honest opion of this lens. Carlton signing off on his way to N Zealand. Cheers
carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 4:44 PM   #547

Carlton-

I believe that the Tokina lens is the 24-200mm lens. I also use that lens and have found it to be good, but not great lens. It is equal to the better Sigma lenses.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 9:03 PM   #548

Here some s9500 shots, most of themtaken in the pouring rain.this camera is really a versatile camera and its taking great pictures.

Put some bigger pictures at http://dijkxhoorn2.blogspot.com/2005...2_archive.html
Attached Images

dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 10:24 PM   #549

dijkX

Thanks for posting the photos. The S-9000/S9500 is becoming more and more impressive.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 11:10 PM   #550

Certainly superb images, the fifth generation fuji sensor in action. The S9500/S9000 is a portfolio maker.

FujiFilm is not joking around with top U.S. professors.

http://home.fujifilm.com/products/di...iew/index.html

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote