Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 27, 2005, 8:09 PM   #551

Took more pictures today.

http://dijkxhoorn2.blogspot.com/2005...2_archive.html
Attached Images

dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2005, 8:57 PM   #552

Once again, dijkx, superb images. Thanks for posting them!

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2005, 7:26 AM   #553

Hi everyone! I had to send my first S9000 back to Fuji because of a focusing issue. Just got the new one. It works great! Here is a picture from the new one.
Attached Images

MamawB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2005, 2:41 PM   #554

Mamawb

Glad you got a replacement.

Please advise what the original problem was and the serial number of the fist camera (if possible).

I have S9500 (UK) get varoius results, focus seems not particulay accurate.

Arnold.

PS photo looks very sharp.
Arnold1896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2005, 4:27 PM   #555

Hi, Arnold1896.

The S/N of the first S9000 was 53A01343. The focus was inconsistent. Sometimes I would get a very sharp picture. Others - no matter what I did, I couldn't getit to focus. I was trying to take a simple picture of a rose outside like the one I posted earlier today (in the same lighting conditions) with everything just on auto, and the camera could not get a focus. I also have the Fuji S5000 and S7000. When I started comparing the pictures from those two (even the S5000) with those of my first S9000, the two lower-pixel cameras had much better photos. I called Fuji Tech Support to discuss the problem. They agreed this definitely was not the way the camera should behave. Even when it did focus, it took far too long. If you're not satisfied with the sharpness of your photos, you should call Tech Support. They have always been very helpful when I've had any problem. This is a very new camera and technology. Those of us with the first cameras from the factory are the ones doing the real-world testing. http://www.communitymx.com/blog/index.cfm?newsid=603 Read the article from this link. It really helped me in my decision to send back the first one. And I'm very happy that I did. I love the new one. I'm glad I didn't give up on the S9000 and just ask for a refund. I've now decided to try out the E900 for a compact camera. If all goes well with it, I'm getting rid of all of my other cameras. The S9000 and E900 will be all I need for many years to come!

Good luck!

Oh, and here's my sunrise this morning...
Attached Images

Old Oct 30, 2005, 4:53 PM   #556

Speaking of troubles, I'm still having problems with my flash photography: The top portion of the pictures are almost always considerably darker than the rest, as if the flash is shooting downwards. I'm posting 2 sample pics to show this effect. The first was taken indoors from about 4 feet away, taken from a level position. The 2nd is outdoors from about 10 feet away. Neither was taken with the lens hood on, so this can't be the cause..

When looking at my camera from the side with the flash open, there seems to be a very slight downward pitch, which I assume is intended/needed, but what bothers me more is that the bulb assembly inside seems to be slightly crooked.

I'm going to contact Henrys.ca and FujiFilm.ca to find out if there's any precedent for this type problem. I really dont want to send it back right now, because we're going to London for a week in December, and knowing my luck, it'd take 6 weeks to repair under warranty :evil:

Oh, and there's no focus problem in the outdoor shot, I just didnt want to plaster my friends pictures on the net w/o their knowing it :blah:

Any comments/suggestions are very welcome

C_Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2005, 5:38 PM   #557

C_Doc,

My first question - how long have you had your camera? Are you still in the timeframe where you can return it to your place of purchace for an even exchange for a new one? This would resolve your time issue for your trip.

Second thing - do check w/ Fuji. When I spoke with them, they were simply replacing the cameras at this point, not trying to repair them yet. If this is still the case, you should still be able to get your replacement in time. Fuji will be able to tell you how long it should take.

Last - have you tried using an external flash? If so, how do those pictures come out?

MamawB
Old Oct 30, 2005, 5:43 PM   #558

I've had it a little over a month. I'm almost sure the online retailer will simply say they'll cover it under warranty. I'm going to contact FujiFilm tomorrow directly... Hopefully they'll be as helpful as the time I sent a request for info on a replacement lens-cap for my old 3800 (they sent me one free) and replace it.

As for an external flash, no, I havent tried one but I assume it'd "fix" my problem by allowing me to aim the flash...

Still a cheap fix for such an expensive camera :sad:
Old Oct 30, 2005, 5:54 PM   #559

The external flash is a very handy thing to have in any case. Your camera has a Fuji warranty that is a year, I believe. Perhaps you could use an external flash to get through the holidays, then send the camera to Fuji for replacement or repair when it's a good time for you.

Ithink I seein your picture that someone has achieved her brown belt. If I'm right, pass on my congratulations. That is no small feat.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 6:19 PM   #560

MamawB wrote:
Quote:
The S/N of the first S9000 was 53A01343. The focus was inconsistent. Sometimes I would get a very sharp picture. Others - no matter what I did, I couldn't getit to focus.
My serial number is 53A00080, and I can't help but wonder if I havent gotten a bit of a lemon as well... Seems like the focus works ok, but that doesnt explain my flash problem. I got a reply from Fuji saying they "might" be able to expedite the repair, and Henry's replied asking me if it was only related to the flash or all the time, and if I was using an external flash... I'd only explained it 50 different ways, saying it was a FLASH PROBLEM with the internal flash... Guess I wasn't precise enough :roll:

I managed to take a picture of the bulb assembly and the more I look, the more I think that the bulb is tilted downward, behind the clear plastic, that's already on a bit of a tilt. MamawB: Can you confirm on your camera if its made like this? Thanks... How ironic is this? I have a 900$ camera, and I have to use a $80 webcam to take its picture..
Attached Images