Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 31, 2005, 7:54 PM   #561

Wow, from your S/N, it sounds like you got one of the very first cameras off the line for the North American market. Since this camera has so much new technology, and we just don't know what might happen down the road, I decided today to purchase a three-year extended warranty that will cover it for pretty much anything except me throwing it under a moving bus... It was $63 for three years, but I decided better safe than sorry when my Fuji warranty runs out (just in case).

Hope you get yours repaired as quickly as possible.

I took a few more pictures today of my fluff-ball cats. They aren't always the easiest subjects to photograph, but the pictures are coming out really nice. I'm hoping to get to print some out on my Epson 1800 later tonight in a large format to see how they look in ink.
MamawB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 8:28 PM   #562

Hey, C_Doc:

From what I can tell in your picture, I don't think our flashes look the same. Mine lines up correctly, not at different angles like yours. I would definitely have it repaired or replaced at your convenience. But I would get an external flash to solve the problem during your planned trip and through the holidays to avoid the risk of not having your camera during a peak-photography period. You won't regret having the external flash later. You can get them very reasonably from reputable sellers on eBay if you don't have a local dealer with good prices.

M-B
Old Nov 1, 2005, 4:51 PM   #563

this was taken from a high church tower in the centre of town, from approx. 52 meters high (160 feet).

Big Brother is watching you.... :-)

Attached Images

proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 4:57 PM   #564

Good news, after a bit of :P on my part, Henrys.ca has agreed to exchange my camera for a new unit. I only have to send the camera and the original box back.. They said they didnt want the cables, manuals, etc etc...

I guess a little persistance goes a long ways... Film at 11
C_Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 5:15 PM   #565

Congratulations, C_Doc! That's great news!

M-B
Old Nov 4, 2005, 5:25 AM   #566

Yes i ordered one from Dabs. I waited 3 weeks and still no camera. So i went to Uk digital and got one the next day. Although was an extra 37£.
crocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 5:29 AM   #567

I have tried the 1.5 converter that i used on my s5000 and the results were not good. Definte focus problem.
crocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2005, 7:16 AM   #568

Friday I'm asked to make photo's for the monthly newspaper of my neighbourhood. Subject: celebration of "St.Maarten" . On the 11th of the 11th month , children do a sort of 'trick or treat'. They come by houses, sing a song and get sweet things from people. They not just sing songs, but also carry a candle or light in 'paper housing' on a stick (I don't know the English word for it).

Friday a large group of children with walk around with those candles. I'll be making pix with my S9500 ofcourse :-)I have tested already, but on the street in total darkness with only some street lights, iso1600 is not sufficient. I have to use flash.

Since the internal flash is only good for 5 meters approx. which is fine for indoors, or close-ups outdoors, I'll be using my large flasher, connected to the cable-connection (flash-terminal) at the front. With a guidenumber of 32 I should be able to stand back a few meters. At iso200, F2.8 and 1/125 sec (needed for those moving children :-)) I should have a reach of about 10-12 meters, enough to get the whole group on the photo. Results will be posted this weekend :-)

proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2005, 3:02 PM   #569

Proton,

I took some pictures at Halloween with my s9500, change your ISO to 400 and your flash range will increase dramatically. It was not necessary to use a extra flash. See my pictures at www.dijkx.nl under "miscellaneous" "Halloween".

I'm curious to see your results.

dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2005, 6:34 PM   #570

dijkx. Couldnt look atmany of your halloween pics.... Too many annoying pop-up ads. Your paragliding pics are amazing though and no ads on that gallery.
malinstreak is offline   Reply With Quote