Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 20, 2005, 4:35 AM   #601

That is correct. But before I bought the camera, I'd already been 1.5 month searching on the internet for the right model, reading forums etc. to see which one suits me best.
And if my camera would have been faulty. I would have known right away what the problem was and could have explained to the shop where I bought it what was going on. In fact: I mentioned it to the guy in the shop and he knew about it!
This is not to attack Syd, only to explain what to do and look for if anyone who reads this has interest in the S9500.
proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2005, 5:11 AM   #602

Well I too had my eye on this camera since it's release and had searched for reviews etc on line. The reviews I had seen were good. I just didn't happen to come accross this site then, probably as I normally do a google search within the UK. I did come accross one forum where new and prospective owners discussed the S9500, but none had complained.

I think the most worrying thing here is not whether there are some faulty ones out there or even a whole batch/es, but how Fuji are in total denial.

When I spoke to Mssrs. Fuji they told me that that they HADN'T HAD ANYONE REPORT ANY FAULT AT ALL. As soon as I was told this I knew I was being lied too. When I pressed him and explained that I was aware of others who had reprted such faults he persisted with his line that no one had reported any faults. When I explained that there was some discussion going on, on the net regarding sensor/focusing problems he said, "It is all conjecture and supposition". When I pressed him even further saying I could provide him with serial numbers of those reported and returned to Fuji, he then replied "well we haven't been told of any fault from head office".

It is this denial that is more of a concern. As what the guy from Fuji was saying effectively was that out of the many, many thousands of S9500 cameras that have been realeased they have not had one faulty onereported.

I personally get the impression that they've made a decision on how to handle this one.

I was wondering if Stevedak or any others would like to get together an open email/letter to Fuji regarding reported problems and Fuji's denial of their existence.

Already it seems that retailers seem to be aware of problems. As Proton says his shop was aware of problems and the manager of my store (probably this countries largest photographic retailer) is certainly aware of problems. Seems like Fuji are the only ones who don't!

Without some form of clarity and truth Fuji leave themselves right open for criticism, speculation, conjecture and supposition.

Let's try and get Fuji to give us the official word on all this.

As I say having read the posts and seen the pics from others on here I haven't lost faith in the camera and I live in hope.

In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2005, 7:02 AM   #603

Hi Syd,

The following is part of a post I placed on the Returns Survey thread
Quote:
If, and I really do stress the word"IF", there wasa batch faultin the initial release, Fuji woulddo well toacknowledge it. It is not an uncommon occurence these days and market research has shown thathonesty and openess on such matters enhances the integrity of the company in the eyes of the consumer - andultimatelyserves to promote sales rather thandetract from them. The automotive industrydiscovered this a while back.
Whilst I accept that user unfamiliarity with the camera might be responsible forthe discontent voiced by some new owners, I do think that sufficient dissatisfaction has beenexpressed by other experienced digital camera users on these forums to justify my entertainingaconcern abouttheconsistency in qualityofthe 9500.

I am not unfamiliar with production processes andI have arrived at my own conclusions overthese events.I am in the process of corresponding with Fuji in order to obtain anofficial response from a credible spokesperson. If there are no quality concerns then I would like that in writing from Fuji themselves- as a concernedreturning customerI have the right tothis reassurancebefore I make my next purchase.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2005, 2:18 PM   #604

A frosty morning. The canal is frozen over. Winter is coming.

Kenneth Canal, England.

pr126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2005, 4:03 PM   #605

Get your skates out .

What I sometimes see in my own s9500 pictures is a sort of mist over the pictures. You can easily correct that with a bit of leveling in PS.
By the way I'm really looking forward to the winter and hopefully a lot of skating here in Holland.

Attached Images

dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2005, 4:08 PM   #606

Sure its not the Kennet and Avon canal :-)

You are right about Frosty mornings though
Andy_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2005, 4:15 PM   #607

Ooops attachment missing
Attached Images

Old Nov 20, 2005, 5:43 PM   #608

"Sure its not the Kennet and Avon canal :-)

You are right about Frosty mornings though"

It is the Kenneth canal at Hungerford.
pr126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 5:30 AM   #609

pr126 wrote:
Quote:
"Sure its not the Kennet and Avon canal :-)

You are right about Frosty mornings though"

It is the Kenneth canal at Hungerford.

Well a Google does not show any entries for the Kenneth canal at Hungerford but it does show lots for the Kennet and Avon canal so I may be wrong but Google is misleading me.:?
Old Nov 21, 2005, 7:02 AM   #610

Nice shots that really convey the season! The Ice close up is especially nice. Just remembered why I like Africa so much!:-)

There is somethingabout clear frosty English morningsthatis very special - fond early childhood memories of the approach of Christmas I think.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote