Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 14, 2005, 3:51 AM   #661

pic 2. (how do I put more than 1 image in a post?)
Attached Images

shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 4:17 AM   #662

only way to have multiple pix in 1 posting is by uploading them somewhere else on the net and linking to them from here.
proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 4:30 AM   #663

Nicesubject Shadow, makes one wonder what is of so much interest beyond the blinds.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 4:45 AM   #664

It was roadworks. And my boys were in constant motion from one window to the next to make sure they did not miss a thing.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 6:25 AM   #665

I am hoping that someone can help me out here regarding "hot" pixels. The way I understand things a "hot" pixel will show up white.

I have done the test with the lens cap on and have noticed a number of pixels that are "hot". There are two that really stood out with a couple of minor from memorey. I did the test when I first got the camera and have been taking pictures to see if they are noticable. I have not count how many there are but it is not extensive. The only time that they have been noticable is a sunset pic I did and I had to color fill those pixels.

So here is my question, how many "hot" pixels are too many? If or whenshould I try to get a fix or replacement.

I apologies in advance if this has been covered already and if someone could provide the link I would appreciate it greatly.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 10:27 AM   #666

when using high iso values, or/and long exposure times, hot pixels can appear.

On my old camit was like dandruft , so much!

This camera has hardly any hot pixels, so 2, 10, 20 hotpixels is very few , compared to the hundreds of my old 3mp cam!

hotpixels appear because the sensor gets more sensitive (higher iso's) or long exposed and a common thing amongst digital camera's.

On my iso80 night shots (15 to 30 secs exposure) I have not noticed any hotpixels sofar. Maybe if i zoom in a lot. But I don't think that hotpixels is an issue on the S9500.
proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 6:43 PM   #667

I apologize for imposing this photo on you. I know it isn't a great picture, but I like it and I don't know why. It was taken from the front porch of my home with my 9000. It was a raw image, and I have worked on it with Photoshop. But I really like this camera.
Attached Images

jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 12:45 AM   #668

Hey JP, You don't need to apologize for posting the shot, it's a nice setting and really appealing. Just an observation and take it from whence it comes since I'm still very much on the learning curve, butI think it wouldbe an improvement if the hill was off-centre of the shot. Also the middle and far distance seem veryslightly out of focus - looks like you focused on the snow foreground since that seems to be the sharpest part of the image? As I say, these aremerely my observations which certainly are not as qualified as others on this forum.

10 more sleeps before your daughter lets youget your hands back on your camera?

SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 5:04 AM   #669

Nice pic. I bet the view from the top of that hill is quite something. Do you get much more snow than this? I bet it's great for skiing too.
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 1:33 PM   #670

Actually the snow cover is a lot less than it should be for this time of year. We haven't had a lot of snow here over the last few years. Last year was a little better, and it supposedly ended a drought that we have had for several years. But this year all the storms are going around us.

Over the last several months I have taken several series of pictures of this view and other adjacent views. All of the land closest to the camera in that picture has been sold for development. Within a couple of years I suspect my view will be all but gone. I'm hoping to get enough pictures so that I can at least have a memory of what it used to look like.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote