Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 15, 2005, 12:51 PM   #671

That's a shame JPand I know the feeling well, we've got 'development mad' individuals here who just see vacant land as anotherresidential complex or shopping mall opportunity. What's your situation there - looks like farm land / small holding type area?
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 1:16 PM   #672

I live in a very small town in northern UT. Population is about 3000. The city fathers have been fairly responsible about controlling the growth in the area. Providing water is one of the major concerns that has helped control growth in the past. But it seems that more and more people who have ventured into the world and made their fortune are wanting to come back now and retire here. A lot of the farmers are getting older, and their children have no interest in staying on the farm. The farms are relatively small and there is not a lot of potential for earning a good comfortable living. The kids are going for education and moving away. So it seems that some of the older farmers are cashing in on the development craze to pad their retirement. Frankly, I can't blame them.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 1:31 PM   #673

Pretty similar trend here, lot of folk who have made their money in the city are moving out to the various rural areas and unfortunately sometimes taking their big city mentality with them!

Incidentally we have a small town here called Harrismith and your shot could be a carbon copy of the hill & surrounding land that dominates that town. Unfortunately I don't have a photo - if I did, I think you would find thelikeness quite unnerving. Believe it or not,thoughin Africa, they get snow on the very odd occasion.

Looking forward to more shots from your new cam when your family finally let you have it back again. You don't by any chance have an interest in genealogy do you - just a hunch I have?
Old Dec 15, 2005, 1:47 PM   #674

Actually, I do have an interest in genealogy. I'm not much of a researcher, but my brother and I maintain a family website at myfamily.com, and we have acquired quite a number of photographs of some of our ancestors. I recently published a small (20 page) album of my great-great-grandfather and his family. I offered it for sale on our website, and sold 80 copies of the book. I had it printed at mypublisher.com.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 1:59 PM   #675

Great - I've been researching for about 10 years now (back to circa 1500 UK on my side). Use Family Tree Maker/IGI a lot & your name &Utah kind of added up(must bemy genealogist's eye at work - although not exactly rocket science with those two known facts!). Will check out your site & PM you when I've got a mo.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 5:13 AM   #676

Is there anybody in there . . .

In all seriousness folks, could you please check out the 95000/9000 Flash Problem thread. It would be really helpful to both users and Fujifilm if you could also email your results of the "Flash in S Mode Test" to [email protected]. It would also be extremely helpful if you could share your test images and results back from the Fujifilm labs with us inthe Flash Problem thread.

Thank you all kindly,

ISoS
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2005, 8:20 AM   #677

In all seriousness folks, could you please check out the 95000/9000 Flash Problem thread. It would be really helpful to both users and Fujifilm if you could also email your results of the "Flash in S Mode Test" to [email protected]. It would also be extremely helpful if you could share your test images and results back from the Fujifilm labs with us inthe Flash Problem thread.

It is impossible.
I resold my fuji S9500 last week and now, I have no probleme with my new camera
by
at.choum75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 9:00 PM   #678

I have a few concerns as to the sharpness of my photos. Does anyone know of anything I can print out (eg. test card, etc)to take pictures of to test the sharpness of my focus?
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 4:35 AM   #679

Yesterday was my youngest daughter's 5th birthday and we went to see Cinderella the pantomime. We sat in the back row of the balcony, which was at the very least 250 feet away from the stage.

I took my new S9500 and took a few shots, all hand held and without a flash at 400 ISO. The results were a little grainy to say the least. Exif info should be embedded.

This one I have tried to tidy up a bit. I wondered if anyone can give me any tips/methods for sharpening and loosing noise. I have PS and Neatimage (haven't got to grips with this yet).

Pretty much, all the shots were taken at 300mm. I have attached the original crop below this one. Thought this would give me a good excerise in this aspect, or are they just crappy shots that could have been taken better. Whatever, I would appreciate your comments.
Attached Images

Old Dec 23, 2005, 4:38 AM   #680

And the original crop....
Attached Images